Which game has the best AI?

Vimal Ana

Always racing, Always flying
Hello guys. Which racing game has the best AI in terms of racing? I cannot find time to play online and i would really like to find a game which has decent AI.

Everyone seems to have a different experience against the AI.

The best AI experience I've had was with GT Legends. The good (IMO) AI combines with a career mode to keep your interest high. Some don't like career modes but I like the structure it provides.

It is very important to match the AI strength/difficulty level to your own ability. If in doubt, start with the AI too easy and then increase it. It is also important not to skip to the next session during qualifying. Use the accelerate time function until time reaches zero and then wait till the AI get back to the pits. If you don't the AI are given quick qualifying times and you will tumble down the grid.

Racing historic GTs and touring cars isn't everyone's cup of tea. RACE 07 and its expansions generally have good AI but some combinations of tracks/cars used to suffer from a bug where the AI would pit just before the end of the race giving you an easy win. Game Stock Car is another title with good AI reviews but had the same issue apparently. Hopefully Simbin and Reiza have fixed both titles by now.

My PC won't run the current batch of sims so I can't comment from personal experience. I have read good comments about rF2 AI. Assetto Corsa AI seems to be improving but isn't finished yet. I have high hopes for pCARs out in November but I'm not on the development team so do not have any experience of it yet.

In general, developer produced tracks and cars are better in terms of AI than mods. If you want to use add-on tracks and mods you have to accept that the AI might not be as good.

Ah i see, i am gonna try it out. Got a key from some game bundle before. And yeah i like touring cars and gt cars. They are very fun to drive!

Hello guys. Which racing game has the best AI in terms of racing? I cannot find time to play online and i would really like to find a game which has decent AI.

Well without a doubt, Microprose GP4 has the best and most detailed and clever AI ever produced in any race sim. For single player action, this is the best. I think anyone who knows their sim racing history on PC can verify what I am saying.

GP4.
192cb491-67d6-4fbd-ae75-5bb5a6b8ad76_zpsa0ad727c.png

gpx_0033_zpsfab94b70.png

gpx_0009_zps08e51076.png

9693ecf3-b217-4bca-a234-c4d5ef793a73_zps68c17cbf.png

Crammond knew his stuff and did a great great job in many levels. Every time I look at videos or pics from GP4 still gives me goose bumps how good, modern it still looks. AI was also a strong point of his work.

But I gotta say - if one stays away from the original content (by ISI, SIMBIN/BLIMEY), rF, GTR2 or Race07 easily, easily give you the best AI by far. You have to know what to do, though, to bring the best of ISIMotor2 to the surface (and it's an extensive combination of factors).

Reiza have done a fantastic job with the AI on GSC (even with the occasional bout of AI "wreck the human in front"). Which proves what some of us have been saying for years: there is still a lot of impressive things to be done with the "old" game engine.

GP4 is great no doubt about that. I think Reiza come very close too. But GP4 has rain :D

@Andy Jackson - please let me know which mod is that and where can i get it from. Thanks

Well without a doubt, Microprose GP4 has the best and most detailed and clever AI ever produced in any race sim. For single player action, this is the best. I think anyone who knows their sim racing history on PC can verify what I am saying.

GP4.
192cb491-67d6-4fbd-ae75-5bb5a6b8ad76_zpsa0ad727c.png

gpx_0033_zpsfab94b70.png

gpx_0009_zps08e51076.png

9693ecf3-b217-4bca-a234-c4d5ef793a73_zps68c17cbf.png
wasnt GP4 much older than those screenshots? they look awesome? they look like 2015 cars,

wasnt GP4 much older than those screenshots? they look awesome? they look like 2015 cars,
Community made mods :). Combined with track updates it looks like a different game. Screenshots are 2014 season, 2015 exists as well, 2016 has more than 50% of the cars made already.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 292 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 198 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 259 13.5%