Best Add-on Tracks for GTR Evo?

Which add-on tracks are the best for GTR Evo/Race?

I don't mean the tracks themselves, I mean the effort that has been put into them eg Donington National has been constantly upgraded.

Which add-ons have been done the most professionally?

I love Laguna Seca and Varano :D But thats just because of the track. NeelJ is one of the best convertors in the business and his stuff is 9/10 times very well converted.

• Andrew Evans

personally, i'm not bothered about the quality of the texturing & track-side modeling - so long as the track flows and is fun to drive... graphics are a secondary concern... but that's cause i'm an old school gamer, gameplay > eye-candy...

eg. monaco... it's not the prettiest track you've ever seen... nor is the fps that solid in places... but it's joy to drive....

that said, i would agree with michael - the virtua_lm tracks are on par with simbins, in terms of solid quality...

donington just a converted gtr 2 version And been updated because of various changes. It's a popular track here as it suits everything from touring gt's to open wheel.

If quality matters then vlm are the way to go. But to me I'm the same as andrew

dont get me wrong guys :) i was refering to the accuracy of the tracks not to the gfx :)
ontop on that the gfx is at the vlm tracks even better as SimBin's ones ....
...ok now you can call me a vlm fanboy :p

and yea i agree on ross NeelJ tracks are verry good too same for meck2

well after racing all day on the donnington it seems very right to me. having been there many times there does not appear to be any glaring errors.

Are the Virtua-LM tracks consolidated anywhere in one place? The download section here doesn't list author, and I don't see any of theirs at NoGrip either.

Thanks in advance.

• Lars Eklund

Two very nice tracks are SPA and Interlagos. Sad are not original SimBin tracks, so they were more common Multiplayer choices.

//Lasse

All the conversions from past Simbin games are high quality and worth having.
Tracks converted from GTR2:
Spa, Hockenheim, Dubai, Donington Park, Zuhai, Enna Pargusa, Barcelona.
GTL:
Zolder, Mondello Park, Dijon.

The VLM tracks - Mid Ohio and Le-Mans are quality.

• Bryan Mongrain

Ok guy's. I'm a newbie here and with GTR Evo... I need help about the tracks download. Wich folder I have to extract into? :question:
Thanks!

Ok guy's. I'm a newbie here and with GTR Evo... I need help about the tracks download. Wich folder I have to extract into? :question:
Thanks!

What many people do is extract the files to a temporary folder first. I would recommend this method, because sometimes tracks come with GameData and UIdata folders bundled with them, and if you immediately extract them straight to your locations folder the game can crash when you load the track.
Anyway, when you've done that, copy and paste to the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\[your steam account name]\race 07

OR, if you are using the offline version:

C:\Program Files\RACE 07

Note that this is in the case of a Gamedata and UIdata folder being included in the download - allow overwrites, it won't do anything bad. If there is just a raw track folder, extract it to either:

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\[your Steam account name]\race 07\Gamedata\Locations

OR, if using the offline version:

C:\Program Files\RACE 07\GameData\Locations

NOTE: In the offline version, there may not be a GameData folder. If so, create a folder named GameData yourself.

...Sorry for the long post. :p

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 357 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing