Best 24" / 27" monitor for triples

Hello all,
I'm a keen VR user but lately I've been thinking of getting triple monitors for my sim racing but I'm stuck on what would be the best monitor to use, budget would be around £200 per monitor, they would have to 144hz and probably 1ms response time and either 24" or 27" as I have limited space, also vesa mounts and slim bezels I suppose but other than that I'm not sure what to get as there is a lot out there. Any help would be great.

I was in a similar boat, was a vr user who decided to try triples. I still love vr, but the triples are so much easier to live with. I find I have to faff about getting vr to work every time I want to use it, the triples just work once you've got them set up.

Regarding size, get as big as you can fit. I got some cheap 27 inch 1080p monitors 2nd hand because I had no idea if I'd even like them. Tbh, after vr, I find them a bit too small to be completely immersive and would prefer something bigger. Definitely don't regret getting them though.

Upvote 0
@NeoGrotesk thanks m8 that was exactually the answer I was looking for I do use my Index headset to play some shooters and vr pool (which I love) but it's all the faffing about that it takes to get them right, I put on AMS2 last night and something has changed in the settings so now I have to sort it out again, also I'd like to get a button box to add to my setup but in vr there's not much point.
Now it's a matter of finding the right monitors.

Upvote 0
Hey Danny O'Neill did you have any joy find monitors?

I'm also on the hunt at the mo for CHEAP monitors as I've never used tripple screen before and not sure if I will like it.

I have 3 monitors at the moment but all different sizes with 2 of them for work. This allowed me to do some tests to find out what resolution I'm looking for and even with a 3090 I'm going to look for 3 x 1080p monitors as at 1440p I wasn't getting the frame rate I want.

Here's a couple of options I've found at very low prices:

144Hz

75Hz

Also found this:
144Hz

and 32"
But these are VA - so maybe not great for side viewing?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey Lloyd I ended getting three of these monitors "Dell S2721HGF 27" curved 1ms 144hz" I'm getting a resolution of 5760 x 1080.
I love them but to be honest at the minute I haven't used them enough, but every now and again I do use them with wreckfest and tbh it's a blast lol but I still prefer the index for sim racing the immersion is second to none.
Hope this helps :)

Upvote 0
I'm running 3x AOC 27" 1440 CQ27G2U and they've been great. They're also VESA 100 which is handy for mounting.

Excellent value, bang for buck monitor that suits sim racing well as the bezels are quite small, and it has decent black levels for night racing. You can pick them up very cheaply if you're patient. I bought my first one for about £220 from Amazon and then got another from Curry's Outlet for £190 (damaged box) and the final one was £175 refurbished unit from an Ebay reseller.

With a 3080 FE frame rates are great in ACC, and everything else.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've ordered 3 of these 27" Monitors:

Needed to keep the cost down so I could afford all three plus a new tripple monitor stand:

Will post about them in a few weeks once I get them and live with them for a while. Thinks it's good to let others know what there like :) even though monitors can be very subjective.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
One other thing to add.

My monitors are curved, which I was a bit unsure about, but reluctantly went for as it was actually cheaper than 27" 1440P flat screens. Actually quite like the result as it does wrap around nicely at the extremes, yet I don't actually notice the curve as it's quite gentle.

The only real problem I've had with the curvature is that makes it quite difficult to accurately measure the angle between the screens for POV settings. That said, it doesn't appear to actually be necessary to get them perfect. I've found that if everything else is input correctly (distance to screen, screen height, width etc), I can actually fine tune the angle by eye within the car.

The best way I've found was in the pits in Raceroom. I could look at the modelled pit crew people out the side windows for reference. When a person had the correct dimensions (neither oddly wide and fat or narrow and skinny) I knew the angle was correct. Anywhere between about 42-48 degrees seems good for me and I can't notice the difference of a few degrees either way when driving.

Lastly, I didn't mention before but the monitors are 144Hz. Frankly, I can't really tell much difference above 80fps so I usually run them at either 100Hz or 120Hz. 60Hz would be noticeably restrictive but I wouldn't bother spending more on high refresh rate panels for sim racing. 100Hz is plenty if you are on a budget.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 204 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 109 7.5%