Bernie Ecclestone

81 years old... wanna bet when the bell rings? His old rival Balestre has gone already...

No harsh feelings, but isn't it about time someone else takes over? At this age, other people are at home and stopped working a long time ago.

End it before he has the idea to organise a race on the moon, or equip cars with homing lasers and missles a la "Mario Kart" or "Twisted Metal".

@david At least that would be exciting!

I think Bernie's an idiot. I'm all for growing popularity in the sport but for him it's not about popularity it's about how much money he's making. I don't see how he could possibly spend all the money he's making.

@david At least that would be exciting!

I think Bernie's an idiot. I'm all for growing popularity in the sport but for him it's not about popularity it's about how much money he's making. I don't see how he could possibly spend all the money he's making.

well from what i've seen his daughters are doing ok with the money... one bought aaron spellings mansion in hollywood (it was once the biggest house in the USA), and i read that another one of them is putting a $1 million bathtub in her house made out of crystal.

@Glendo: that is exactly the problem with the ecclestones. They are getting so filty rich that they never want to give up the dominant position in Formula One.

I am not surprised if his daughter eventually takes over the position of (grand)daddy which will be a bad thing for the sport. Formula 1 should go back to the FIA. Why do they need a promoter in the first place I've always wondered.

OccupyF1!!!!!!

Bernie's a genius. He talks gibberish, and everybody laps it up, making news out of nothing during the off-season. I'm sure he'll die working F1, then they'll look for a replacement. His daughters and family will keep on cashing those checks.

Bernie Ecclestone believes Lewis Hamilton's decision to drop his father as his manager in late 2009 and join XIX Entertainment, was 'a disaster'.

The management company, owned by Simon Fuller, manages several celebrities including, David and Victoria Beckham, Jennifer Lopez and Andy Murray.
Hamilton's on-track results haven't faired well under his new management as he's suffered what many would describe as his worst ever season in Formula 1.

"It's been an uphill year [for Hamilton]", Ecclestone told the Guardian. "I think he had some personal problems during the year which affected him quite a lot. A lot to do with these things, it depends an awful lot on the people you surround yourself with, and who are in a position to influence you.
'I think he just fell into a lot of people that I think weren't good for him. When his dad was looking after him, his dad was a bit more … obviously it didn't suit Lewis, which was why they split, I think he didn't appreciate how much help his dad was."

Ecclestone also believes Hamilton is being influenced by other celebrities, who he now has the chance to meet thanks to his new management company.

"I think it's a disaster. He gets to meet people that probably he wouldn't have met, and [who] have probably the wrong sort of influence on him," added the 81-year-old. "He's at the age, perhaps, and he has the amount of money, where when he's influenced, he can carry things through, which he wouldn't normally have done."

Source

Good point by Bernie. Celeb managers aren't needed in Formula One. Its their only goal to bring the stars in the news.

The only way Lewis should draw attention from the media is by performing outstanding on the track, something he didnt really do in 2011.

They've been more of a talent agency than management.
He's been left by himself all season.

I wonder how much of his poor decision-making (Monaco comments, being seen visiting the Red Bull motorhome, etc) are influenced/encourages by his PR advisors management team.

He drove like a god then though ;) Will never forget his first few races,, made Massa look like a fool and they all seemed pretty shocked at race starts when he would sneak past everywhere.

I say go back to dad, both have probably matured quite alot since the start of his F1 career.

I think it'd be a good move for Lewis to go back to his dad, but I also see it as a bit tricky for Anthony Hamilton in the next few years in DiResta carries on progressing.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back