Bernie Ecclestone

Hes playing games, Asia has all the money but Europe is where all the fans and sponsers are based. If you haven't noticed by now this is how he negociates deals he makes the party feel unwanted so they pay more to host the event, if he really ment that the sport would likely crumble.

Hes playing games, Asia has all the money but Europe is where all the fans and sponsers are based. If you haven't noticed by now this is how he negociates deals he makes the party feel unwanted so they pay more to host the event, if he really ment that the sport would likely crumble.

So he's doing this to get more Tilkedromes in Europe?

When did I say that?
However the places that have the money to build multi million dollar tracks, tend to have the money to pay high amounts to stage the races, it's no secret the European rounds pay less to stage the rounds it's more or less Asian bribe money to bring the tracks to them.

When did I say that?
However the places that have the money to build multi million dollar tracks, tend to have the money to pay high amounts to stage the races, it's no secret the European rounds pay less to stage the rounds it's more or less Asian bribe money to bring the tracks to them.

I was just under the assumption that he wanted more races in Europe, so he'd want new tracks built much like they've done for the past 10 years or so.

IMO he's saying this so he can justify moving the races abroad.

i've worked out his motives; he moves it to a new country, where they have to build a track.... it's well known that he is a secret partner in tilke's company that designs F1 circuits. he makes a killing in the building of the track, and makes a killing in these countries paying huge fees to have race.

compare this to europe; the tracks are already there, and they wont normally pay as much for a race. it's obvious it's all about how much money he can make. he would have a race in burma if they had the chequebook ready.

i just hope he hurries up and dies. im sick of this F1 dictator ruining the sport for personal gain.

Sigh, there are these moments where I catch myself hoping for the old man to finally keel over <.<

However, from a pure business point of view, his statement does make sense. European tracks are not able to pay the same hosting fees that certain other countries can afford and since Bernie finds himself in the very comfortable situation where demand (plenty of countries want an F1 race) is much higher than supply (more than 20 races per year aren't going to happen for multiple reasons), he can pretty much always choose the highest bidder and doesn't have to worry if it doesn't work out some time (see Korea) because there are always three more countries lining up as a willing replacement.

I'm guessing that five races are just what he thinks is the sweet spot, where he gets the highest possible hosting fees without losing all the European fans.

Also, as far as calling Europe "finished", he is in good company. Half the business world is predicting Europe's downfall to take place any day now. Obviously it's not actually going to happen, but, oh well...

unfortunately, cannot be conveyed very well over the internet (unless it's VERY obvious). I thought Bram had been smoking something that he shouldn't. ;)
Anyway, first sprinklers, now moving F1 out of Europe? F***ing sacrilege!

There are only two persons in the world that really should retire: Blatter & Ecclestone. They could have been brothers.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back