Bernd's Real Life Weather

Misc Bernd's Real Life Weather 2.1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Kunos seems to be suffering another case of update-itis. Hard on the heels of 1.2.4 (which was supposed to fix 1.2.3. which was supposed to fix 1.2.2...etc.) comes 1.2.5. Now, after installing Mr. Alpem v1.2, when I go to the weather menu, I see an advisory ("NaN," which I gather is supposed to mean "Not a Number"). What gives? I think this means I either have too many 3rd-party files...or have somehow deleted (or over-written) too many Kunos files. I'd rather not run another invasive "integrity" check (I've deleted a boatload of Lotii that I hope I never see again). Any suggestions?

(P.S. Does Mr. Alpem have a first name? How about Sunny? Rainie? Claude?)

Kunos seems to be suffering another case of update-itis. Hard on the heels of 1.2.4 (which was supposed to fix 1.2.3. which was supposed to fix 1.2.2...etc.) comes 1.2.5. Now, after installing Mr. Alpem v1.2, when I go to the weather menu, I see an advisory ("NaN," which I gather is supposed to mean "Not a Number"). What gives? I think this means I either have too many 3rd-party files...or have somehow deleted (or over-written) too many Kunos files. I'd rather not run another invasive "integrity" check (I've deleted a boatload of Lotii that I hope I never see again). Any suggestions?

(P.S. Does Mr. Alpem have a first name? How about Sunny? Rainie? Claude?)
Hello,

Thank you for reporting the issue. I'm not sure I understand the problem, I just tried the game following the update, and all weathers work fine...could you screen cap the problem and upload it here so I could see?

Thank you for reporting the issue. I'm not sure I understand the problem, I just tried the game following the update, and all weathers work fine...could you screen cap the problem and upload it here so I could see?

I don't mean to imply that your wonderful app caused this prob. I'm sure it's my error (some how). I just wondered if you'd ever encountered anything similar (I've seen a few reports, but no solutions) or had any idea how to fix it. Attached: a screencap of the weather menu (I can't change the setting; it remains 'NaN') and the only sky that's available to me.

Weather 'NaN'.jpg
The only sky.jpg

I don't mean to imply that your wonderful app caused this prob. I'm sure it's my error (some how). I just wondered if you'd ever encountered anything similar (I've seen a few reports, but no solutions) or had any idea how to fix it. Attached: a screencap of the weather menu (I can't change the setting; it remains 'NaN') and the only sky that's available to me.

View attachment 102662 View attachment 102663
Hmmm...I don't get that menu at all. Usually, weather is adjusted with the mouse on the slider, or with the arrow keys after clicking the slider...Did you install the ini files in weather, and the clouds? No files overwrite the Kunos ones unless you use my petite mod...never seen this kind of problem, might email a dev. Keep me posted.

Hmmm...I don't get that menu at all. Usually, weather is adjusted with the mouse on the slider, or with the arrow keys after clicking the slider...Did you install the ini files in weather, and the clouds? No files overwrite the Kunos ones unless you use my petite mod...never seen this kind of problem, might email a dev. Keep me posted.

I prolly installed one too many mods. I will re-install the whole game and I bet the prob just goes away. Thanks for all your wonderful additions!

I prolly installed one too many mods. I will re-install the whole game and I bet the prob just goes away. Thanks for all your wonderful additions!
I'd hate to see you do that, at least a 12h install :(. Try uninstalling other weather mods and install just mine to see if that solves the issue before doing a complete reinstall.

After installing the mod does not start the game.
Click start engine, game returns to the menu.

Can you give me the original files or do something to help with this problem?
Now I can't play :(

After installing the mod does not start the game.
Click start engine, game returns to the menu.

Can you give me the original files or do something to help with this problem?
Now I can't play :(
This problem has been floating around ever since 1.2.3 update and is not mod related. Make sure to check your screen resolution in the tuning menu...it reverts to the smallest resolution instead of your screen resolution, and kills the game on gameplay. Mine did the same a few weeks ago, I thought it was my mods and I just had to tick the little menu to my screen setting :)

Bernd Graf updated Bernd's Real Life Graphics & Weather with a new update entry:

added brighter filter values, changed weather values

This update brings AC 1.2.5 compatibility. I have added experimental brighter filter values after several user requests. If the brighter values are unsatisfactory, filters will be reverted to older values. Weather modes have been improved as well. See Changelog in readme instruction file included for a full list of changes :)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Bernd Graf updated Bernd's Real Life Graphics & Weather with a new update entry:

bugfixes and optimizations

1.2.2 changelog:

added sunny rich hdr clear
added optional headlight file for twilight driving
changed pollution clouds cloud number
optimized SPA fog cloud skybox levels
changed sunny mid clouds cloud number
optimized sunny rich hdr cloud levels
optimized sunny light clouds
bugfixed cloud textures (further bugfixing in the works)

updates, optimizations, and resource options

For 1.3, I am splitting the mod into two sections:

1. 9 weather files for the game to read during races and online play
2. A resource file from which you choose choose the clouds and weathers you want to use for the 9 files.

This way, you can have a clutter-free game interface without 31 weathers clogging your slider bar, but you still have a massive resource bin from which to customize your own weather the way you like it to a specific location or the kind of weather that comes through...

1.4 is almost out, finally bugfixed all clouds and weathers, a friend helped me re-evaluate the cloud weathers and found that sunlight is needed for skins to look correct! Sunlight has been added to all weathers, but properly tuned for each weather so that the base feel of storm and fog is there, but now with a subtle hint of light just enough to let paint textures like matte, metallic, etc. show correctly! New filters added too, and the mod has been streamlined for ease of use and less clutter.

New filters, optimized filter names, completely reworked mod!

Hello devoted fans, Mr. Alpem 1.4 is out! This update brings newly renamed and optimized filters, dual mod modes for the casual and extreme gamer, bugfixed weathers (until Kunos updates code), cloud and fog fixes (now cloud and fog modes have proper reflections!), redone sunny colorCurves levels, redone clouds, complete overhaul! The mod looks completely different and should result in some pretty impressive game-play and screenshots! :)

Changelog 1.4

added Storm Front SPA
added Pollution...

I'd hate to see you do that, at least a 12h install :(. Try uninstalling other weather mods and install just mine to see if that solves the issue before doing a complete reinstall.
I don't know exactly what I did wrong (I saw one other post somewhere, where some dude also got a "NaN" [Not a Number] error), so I unwound everything I could and reinstalled Mr. Alpem. Voila! Everything works great...as do subsequent releases, so I'm a happy chauffeur. Thanks for your splendid mod!

I don't know exactly what I did wrong (I saw one other post somewhere, where some dude also got a "NaN" [Not a Number] error), so I unwound everything I could and reinstalled Mr. Alpem. Voila! Everything works great...as do subsequent releases, so I'm a happy chauffeur. Thanks for your splendid mod!
OK, good to know, because on AC's forum I have been fielding questions about possible bugs with my mod. Glad to know you got it working...the reason I'm now supplying a basic version of the mod is sometimes, unforseen bugs can occur when you begin adding more than 10 weathers into the game :)

fog mode fixes, lighting.ini file additions

Changelog for 1.4.1:

fixed fog_nurburg_dawn distance issue
fixed fog_mist distance issue
fixed sun darkening issues
fixed sun positioning at nurburgring gp tracks
fixed sunny_clouds_mid issue
added alternate sun position lighting.ini files
adjusted pollution smog distance and blend

Thanks to Hazardic for the checks and bug alerts :)

i know im being insane but is it possible to make a setup with fog at night.
Yes, I already have one experimental night+fog mode in the set, "twilight_nurburg." Still working out how I want it to look...I've learned that if the sky and ambient lighting is completely black, nothing looks right. Fog at night, esp. at the Ring, gives the sky a pale bronze look, other places a different look, so still developing :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back