Skins Benetton B195, F1 1995 Skin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danilo-cs submitted a new resource:

Benetton B195, F1 1995 Skin - Skin Remake of Benetton Mild Seven from F1 1995

Hi, I'm Danilo.

Introduction

Benetton for me is the team that has had the most beautiful cars in Formula 1 history.

So for me it's quite a pleasure to be able to appreciate her paint in games like Assetto Corsa and thus restore it.

The 1995 F1 Mod, as I understand it, was originally created for GP4 by our friend Ross Hunter and converted and sold for a while by Race Dream Development.
With this 1995 Benetton Skin, it's the third car I've done what I call restoration, so it can be...

Read more about this resource...

Hey Danilo for your info,

The mod/update doesn't work for me.... the driver suite and helmet remain white, the Goodyear text on the rear tires is in mirror writing and there are only rain tires available regardless of what you select (soft / hard etc.).

I have put the original Dream development f1 benetton 1995 map back and now everything is fine (so without your update), the tires choice can now also be selected again .
P.S. You added an extra folder "unpacked", what is the purpose of that?

Too bad it doesn't work for me, but respect for your work/effort!

Hey Danilo for your info,

The mod/update doesn't work for me.... the driver suite and helmet remain white, the Goodyear text on the rear tires is in mirror writing and there are only rain tires available regardless of what you select (soft / hard etc.).

I have put the original Dream development f1 benetton 1995 map back and now everything is fine (so without your update), the tires choice can now also be selected again .
P.S. You added an extra folder "unpacked", what is the purpose of that?

Too bad it doesn't work for me, but respect for your work/effort!
Thanks for the feedback.
What a strange friend. I will try to find out what it could be.
Did you do as I said, copying the Content folder in the game's root?
It's because maybe you didn't copy together the driver file that I replaced with the higher quality asr.

And that extra folder I decided to keep because it included the seat belt.

And that tire upside down I still don't know how to solve it.

But see if you installed the asr_driver_9x.kn5 file inside the driver folder and tell me...

I will do, although it will take a while because I do not have much time these days (work).
Maybe this weekend i will find the time.

>Did you do as I said, copying the Content folder in the game's root?< Yes i did! (it worked well in both of your other updates)

I will start to install only the skins first, see if it is okay then.
Then try step by step your update....

You hear as soon as possible from me.

I will do, although it will take a while because I do not have much time these days (work).
Maybe this weekend i will find the time.

>Did you do as I said, copying the Content folder in the game's root?< Yes i did! (it worked well in both of your other updates)

I will start to install only the skins first, see if it is okay then.
Then try step by step your update....

You hear as soon as possible from me.
Please check how this file appears to you.
Enter car/f1Benetton1995/data/driver3d.ini
Check if it looks like this:

[MODEL]
NAME=asr_driver_9x
POSITION=0.0.0

[STEER_ANIMATION]
NAME=steer.ksanim
LOCK=360

[SHIFT_ANIMATION]
BLEND_TIME=100
POSITIVE_TIME=200
STATIC_TIME=10
NEGATIVE_TIME=200
PRELOAD_RPM=15500
INVERT_SHIFTING_HANDS=0

[HIDE_OBJECT_0]
NAME=DRIVER:RIG_Head

[HEAD_MOVEMENT]
FILTER=0.10
MAX_G=2.0
ROLL_MAX_DEG=-10
PITCH_MAX_DEG=-15
YAW_MAX_DEG=40

So Danilo I found time....

As mentioned, I have installed/try all youre updates one by one!

Answer to your question/request "check data/driver3d.ini" this is the same as in your request

# Data map (from you update) installed> okay
# driver_base_pos.knh & f1_1995_benetton.kn5 (from your update) installed, but then something strange happens, the helmet of the driver tilts far back (See attachment)
# Ui folder (from your update) installed> okay
# SFX map data 9from your update) installed> but then the sound of the car is not good and the top speed of the car is lower... strange!!! > old/original files installed and it's good again, it's like the sound, at full throttle, skips or stutters ( It's the same with youre other updates, Williams cars 92/93)
# Skins > I installed youre update skins over/in the existing skins folder, now the glove/helmet and suit in the colors!

I didn't try the extra "unpacked" folder, but where should I install the textures and the 2 benetton files?

PS; when I say "okay" above then I have not been able to detect any problems or differences.....

Attachments

• Screenshot_f1_1995_benetton_acu_mexico_osrw_15-9-121-18-54-50.jpg
    Screenshot_f1_1995_benetton_acu_mexico_osrw_15-9-121-18-54-50.jpg
    757.4 KB · Views: 111
  • Screenshot_f1_1995_benetton_acu_mexico_osrw_15-9-121-19-21-19.jpg
    Screenshot_f1_1995_benetton_acu_mexico_osrw_15-9-121-19-21-19.jpg
    531.9 KB · Views: 77
So Danilo I found time....

As mentioned, I have installed/try all youre updates one by one!

Answer to your question/request "check data/driver3d.ini" this is the same as in your request

# Data map (from you update) installed> okay
# driver_base_pos.knh & f1_1995_benetton.kn5 (from your update) installed, but then something strange happens, the helmet of the driver tilts far back (See attachment)
# Ui folder (from your update) installed> okay
# SFX map data 9from your update) installed> but then the sound of the car is not good and the top speed of the car is lower... strange!!! > old/original files installed and it's good again, it's like the sound, at full throttle, skips or stutters ( It's the same with youre other updates, Williams cars 92/93)
# Skins > I installed youre update skins over/in the existing skins folder, now the glove/helmet and suit in the colors!

I didn't try the extra "unpacked" folder, but where should I install the textures and the 2 benetton files?

PS; when I say "okay" above then I have not been able to detect any problems or differences.....
This is very strange, buddy. Thanks for the feedback. Interestingly, that doesn't happen here.
But I'm making some tweaks and hope it fixes these bugs.
Right?;)

Okay Danilo, nice work , with a video it should go well ;)

Sound problem is only present with the williams of 1992 (not as bad as with the 95 benetton car0.

Can/will you also update the other cars of 92/93 in the future?

Okay Danilo, nice work , with a video it should go well ;)

Sound problem is only present with the williams of 1992 (not as bad as with the 95 benetton car0.

Can/will you also update the other cars of 92/93 in the future?
Yes of course. I didn't know about these problems.
Although at Williams I didn't get to mess with the car sound. But I will try to find out.
Thanks for the feedback

Danilo-cs updated Benetton B195, F1 1995 Skin with a new update entry:

1.3 Skin and Bug Corrections

Skin and Bug Corrections

I am glad to bring you this update of our Benetton B195 Skin.

What's new?
- Correction in the driver's position inside the car. I reduced the size of the big head;
- Fixed pilot position bug;
- Skin corrections for Schumacher and Herbert cars;
- New shadows and shines on all car components, bringing "more life" to the paintwork.
- Correction in the screen logo/brand. You will notice the change in replay or in Showroom.

As Skin...

Read the rest of this update entry...

The car is still included currently, so is the driver btw.
1634422780619.png

You only need to upload the folder structure content\cars\f1_1995_Benetton\skins and the content of the skins subfolder.

The car is still included currently, so is the driver btw.
View attachment 510713

You only need to upload the folder structure content\cars\f1_1995_Benetton\skins and the content of the skins subfolder.
It's because to make the graphics prettier I used another drive.kns, included the seat belt and tweaked the chassis lighting to make the colors more vivid inside the track.
Is it not allowed to make all these adjustments available on the website? I'm actually a little afraid =\

Last edited:
Is it not allowed to make all these adjustments available on the website?
Basically you're not allowed to reupload stuff you didn't either make yourself or have permission from the original creator for. Modifying existing files without permission falls under that category. Don't get me wrong, it's good to do those things to learn how to mod, you just can't share them here.

The skin you made yourself is fine to share of course.

Danilo, you had promised an installation video........

> On the next update I do, I'll record a video to make sure everything goes well with the installation, okay? <

Basically you're not allowed to reupload stuff you didn't either make yourself or have permission from the original creator for. Modifying existing files without permission falls under that category. Don't get me wrong, it's good to do those things to learn how to mod, you just can't share them here.

The skin you made yourself is fine to share of course.
hmmmm I didn't know.
Because anyway, with only these files, the person who downloads won't be able to use it if they don't already have the mod purchased.
Just messing with the skin color itself wouldn't make it so pretty, that's why I messed it all up.
So I don't know....hehehe

Thank you for the warning.
Let's see what happens....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 279 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.3%
  • < 3 years