Benefits of having Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V3 with Damper Kit AND Brake Performance Kit?

So as much as I understood, most say, install the brake performance kit and you don't need the damper kit at all, it's a cheaper and a better solution.

However, I have encountered very few, but nevertheless few sources which mentioned combining the damper kit with the brake performance kit (mentioning the factor of realisim).

Now before buying the pedals with any of the kits - here are all of my current questions to those with experience which hopefully will be useful to others in the future as well:

1) Are there any benefits of installing both - the damper kit and the brake performance kit?

2) Will the combo above provide more realistic feel to just the brake performance kit alone?

3) If not possible to install both - does the damper kit alone provide a more realistic feel, while the brake performance kit alone a better braking performance/consistency in games?

4) Can the brake stiffness and/or travel on the brake pedal still be dynamically adjusted with the adjuster (which doesn't require any disassembly) on the brake pedal after having installed one of or both of the brake pedal kits? If only with one, which one?

5) If connected to a Fanatec wheelbase the brake sensitivity is supposed to be digitally adjustable from the wheel. What is this supposed to do and how is this different from the adjuster in question 4? And does this still work when having installed one of the or both performance kits?

Hopefully somebody can explain these things to us.

I have both, but applying both to the brake is pointless as the brake mod makes the brake shorter and stiffer that you don't even feel the dampener. Instead I put the dampener on the gas at a setting of 2-3 range and that has made a world of difference for my consistency on my exits and overall car control. It also gives a better sense of speed with the increased dampening on the gas.

Upvote 0
I have both, but applying both to the brake is pointless as the brake mod makes the brake shorter and stiffer that you don't even feel the dampener. Instead I put the dampener on the gas at a setting of 2-3 range and that has made a world of difference for my consistency on my exits and overall car control. It also gives a better sense of speed with the increased dampening on the gas.

Interesting. Would you recommend the dampener for the gas only? (I have the brake mod)

Upvote 0
Skip the dampeners, they are useless.

The dampener brought new life to my gas pedal, I can't believe I drove as long as I did without it. Stock gas on CSP V3s has next to no resistance, feels like a gas pedal on those cheap racing sims you would find at an arcade like cruisin usa where you double pump the gas to do a wheelie.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

I had one of the firts batches of CSP3, dampers brought nothing but sandy feeling in pedals, replacement set had the same problem. Stock foam in brake pedal was sticky and required extra lube, even after was very imprecise.
Was able to sell all that junk at big loss, got HE Pro and have lived happily ever after. Suggest you to do the same instead of sponsoring company that is trying to nickel and dime you for making their product work.

Upvote 0
The performance brake mod is an absolute must.

I've never tried the damper, but have heard good things about it on the throttle.

I never felt like the throttle even with black spring offered enough resistance.

Upvote 0
I had one of the firts batches of CSP3, dampers brought nothing but sandy feeling in pedals, replacement set had the same problem. Stock foam in brake pedal was sticky and required extra lube, even after was very imprecise.
Was able to sell all that junk at big loss, got HE Pro and have lived happily ever after. Suggest you to do the same instead of sponsoring company that is trying to nickel and dime you for making their product work.
Would I be right in making a guess that your background is not in mechanical engineering?

Upvote 0

Agree 100% on the gas pedal dampener.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 85 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 62 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 42 6.3%