Tracks Belgrade Grand prix 1939

Hi everyone! I have no experience with doing any mods and would like to start learning. My idea is to recreate the 1939 Belgrade Gp which was the only ever gp held here in Serbia and it was the last win for Tazio Nuvolari and Auto union. I know its probably more complicated than something else but its the only thing i am really motivated getting into right now. I already started gathering as much info as i can about the track itself, luckily the whole track still exists but the surface is not cobblestones anymore. I definitely need someone to guide me on how to start learning about these things. I heard some people use Blender to do it so is that a good place to start? Have in mind im a complete novice, only experience i have is with Photoshop and that is not that much of experience. I know these are the questiong often asked so if that is the case just inform me where to look and who to ask because i don't do this for money or anything just want to bring this track back to life and drive the cars that raced there at the time. The race is complitely forgotten here due to communists coming to power after ww2.
U37842.jpegU37843.jpegU37842.jpegU37843.jpeg3543558_orig.jpgAuto_trka_"Grand_Prix"_na_Kalemegdanu,_u_Beogradu_1939,_03.jpgoriginalslika_auto-trke-grand-prix-1939-stari-reprint-lot-4-kom--154070621.jpg

Blender is a great and free bit of software that is more than capable of letting you create this :)

I would advice to watch the track tutorial videos by Lilski.
It's a 6 part series sofar and it walks you through some of the possible techniques.

As a basis, it might be worth reading up on the written track tutorials out there. These are all from the official AC forums, and some can be found elsewhere. This list is just a quick copy and paste from there :p
Build your first track - basic guide | Proper techniques for track making | Multiple track layouts | Point cloud data to 3D mesh | Track materials and shaders | ksPerPixel_multilayer shader | 3D Grass tutorial | Grooves tutorial | Camera-facing crowd tutorial | Creating semaphores (start lights) | Create AI lines | Time Attack mode | A to B tracks | Reverb | Track side cameras tutorial | Track side cameras information

It's a lot of information to take in. Just start basic. With a road and a bit of grass next to it, and work your way towards a full track.

Good luck, and be prepared to say goodbye to the next 12-18 months of your life :thumbsup:
Ahah...

but it's true

i started my first car mod here in Racedepartment
and now i'm doing my first track as well
all is possible :D
and great help is around when you need

addition to what posted @NightEye87 : (cheers i added your list of url :))

Last edited:
It's good to have a project you want to do as well, gives you something to aim for. I dabbled with Blender for literally years without ever really getting into it until I found a project I really wanted to complete, that was the motivation I needed to keep going and keep learning.

Blender is probably the best choice for a hobbyist, it's complex and powerful but it's free so all it costs you is the time it takes to learn how to use it.

Hi everyone! I have no experience with doing any mods and would like to start learning. My idea is to recreate the 1939 Belgrade Gp which was the only ever gp held here in Serbia and it was the last win for Tazio Nuvolari and Auto union. I know its probably more complicated than something else but its the only thing i am really motivated getting into right now. I already started gathering as much info as i can about the track itself, luckily the whole track still exists but the surface is not cobblestones anymore. I definitely need someone to guide me on how to start learning about these things. I heard some people use Blender to do it so is that a good place to start? Have in mind im a complete novice, only experience i have is with Photoshop and that is not that much of experience. I know these are the questiong often asked so if that is the case just inform me where to look and who to ask because i don't do this for money or anything just want to bring this track back to life and drive the cars that raced there at the time. The race is complitely forgotten here due to communists coming to power after ww2.
View attachment 454820View attachment 454821View attachment 454820View attachment 454821View attachment 454822View attachment 454823View attachment 454824
Hello , how are you, i hope this project is still active. If you need any help regarding track itself, some photos or any thing else regarding the race, feel free to contact me. I am industrial designer but my hobby was collecting and colorizing photos from Belgrade Grand Prix that was driven on September the 3th 1939. Since i am really passionate about this GP, i will be more than happy to help you in any way. I was living in Belgrade whole my life, now i am not, but still please, i have lots of data, photos, and good will. :)
PS. Picture before the last one, with Tazio, is from Silverstone, not from Belgrade. Others are.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back