Belgian GP Debrief: More Beef at Mercedes, Another Ricciardo Win, & Booing Drivers

Typical English fans and an English response when a British driver involved, I think if it had being Alonso that clipped the British driver, it wouldn't be made look so deliberate or have a big media frenzy, the booing...well again, as with English fans, as also in football, they always boo when its not going there way or if they are not winning. Disrespectful, frustration, who cares, its disgusting, call it what you want.....Down with that sort of thing!

So you think booing is disgusting, but are quite happy to slag off an entire country. Presumably you went round getting the nationalities of everyone who booed.
Your kind of racist attitude has no place at an F1 event (or anywhere else for that matter), in all the F1 races I've attended I've never seen anything like it, everyone gets on just fine no matter where they are from or which driver/team/country they are supporting.
Well I'm English, I'm glad you think I'm disrespectful frustrated & disgusting, even though I'm none of those things.

So you think booing is disgusting, but are quite happy to slag off an entire country. Presumably you went round getting the nationalities of everyone who booed.
Your kind of racist attitude has no place at an F1 event (or anywhere else for that matter), in all the F1 races I've attended I've never seen anything like it, everyone gets on just fine no matter where they are from or which driver/team/country they are supporting.
Well I'm English, I'm glad you think I'm disrespectful frustrated & disgusting, even though I'm none of those things.

Wow, ok not getting into a childish battle, can't say anything nowadays without being called a racist, unbelievable. How dare you, I am in no way a racist <mod edit removed>. What has talking about fans booing or how crowds behave at events got to do with racism you <mod edit removed> and in no way did slag off England, I actually live in England <mod edit removed> and love it here, all my mates are English so dont you dare call me a racist.

And yeah, MY OPINION which i am entitled to, BOOING IS DISGUSTING.

I take it all back, English fans are the best and most well behaved in the world and they never boo and never cause trouble or problems at any event whether F1, Football etc..

Whatever dude.

Mod edit - You're free to make you point, but try and cut out the insults. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Colin, you do need to be a bit careful how you word your opinion. I am English and I completely agree that booing is disgusting, so please don't tar us all with the same brush. I do accept that it is seen as a trait of many English fans but not ALL of us, just the uncivilised ones.

I was appalled by the booing in Belgium, but I watched Johnny Herbert interview a few British fans afterwards and was pleased to see most of them agreed it was out of order. So I think it is more accurate to say it was Hamilton fans (and again, not all of them), rather than English fans.

A racing incident between two team members, big deal, not the first time not the last time, very sad that this is all F1 fans and the press that goes with it are interested in. Damn if you are too aggressive , damn if you are not!

I would not have booed, but those people paid good money for the right to boo.

In regard to the incident, it was a racing incident but just barely this side of being so. Of course I have never raced an F1 car (or any car remotely like one) but the very same kind of passes often end in tears on the simracing circuits as well, given that some of our sims lack in good contact physics.
If you go on somebody's outside and don't count for the car ahead to drift toward the outside a bit, in our games it's likely one of the cars is going to get bounced or turned. In the real world, you get a broken wing and a sliced tire.

In other words, while it was not intentional (probably) it was an unworthy move for a future world champion and for anyone at the F1 level.

I guess Rosberg wanted to draw a line in the sand with that move, considering Lewis is a pretty aggressive defender, that in the heat of the race even made me mutter a few obscenities at the TV screen. A shame it had to end like this.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back