F1 2013 Beginner Wheel

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey guys, ive never used a steering wheel before and i really want to get into it. I was wondering, whats a good, not too expensive (stuff like the G27 is well out of my price range :p) wheel for a pad noob, thanks for any help in advance, it would be truly appreciated

Hello again all - update regarding the Simraceways Wheel

Very happy to say that i have solved the issues causing this wheel to blank out my screen - for any of you out there that may be having similer problems, here is what fixed it for me,
I downloaded latest graphics drivers and also mobo drivers and although this seems to fix the problem, it only lasted a while, after 10 min of racing the screen blanked again - i found a usb device in my device manager called 'Marvel 91xx' that was not working due to missing driver (little yellow triangle warning), and only after googling this did i find the correct driver for it, seems to be associated with the sata controllers on the mobo - anyhow installed that and tried again, Bingo, this seems to have resolved the problem. I have been racing away now for over 2 hr stints and no screen issues. plenty of other issues, like trying to get used to this fandangled wheel, remember to change the blinking gears, where is that drs again, and so on and so on. really changes the driving experience having a wheel instead of a joystick, managed to dial it in and got 4 sec of my best time for Melbourne. So good result all round. thanks everyone for the tips and assistance ;-) -
One last thing - i bought a mount for this wheel as mentioned above, found i had to do some modification to make the wheel feel more secure when mounted, epoxyed some additional m6 bolts to the wheel and drilled out the plate that was supplied with the mount. its better but i suspect i will be attaching this to a G25 or G27 in the not to distant future - cheers for now all and Happy New Year.

Alan

Hello to all who may still be interested in this topic
i have managed to post a vid on this mod, if any would like to see how it turned out -

as happy as i am with the mod, i am now looking at getting a Fanatec wheelbase v2 or better, as i have contacted a chap who ay be able to do a mod for me on the Fanatec universal hub, this will give me the option to have different wheels

anyhow, thanks again to all for the suggestion
be well
Alan

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years