Beginner Questions

S

Steppenwolf

• Steppenwolf

I have three questions, maybe someone can help me with them:

1. Where can i find a tutorial for creating a working starting grid, Pitlanes etc.? Thers a link to a forum in the FAQ but this forum is down :/

2. What are good mipmap settings for custom textures in rfactor?

3. Where can i find the models for starting lights and the lights at the end of the box?

re #1 you can join two tracks together (one track being the pits) as per this video [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pnij36fq8Uw[/ame] - I haven't done much more than what is desrcribed in it so hopefully someone else will be along shortly with more info ;-)

re #3 it's scheduled to be included in version 0.7 of BTB - see http://www.bobstrackbuilder.net/news.aspx (3rd item). - ETA end April, can't wait!

re #2 - I dunno

• Steppenwolf

Thanks for your quick answer. My question about pit and starting grid is more about the technical part tho that involves AI, multiple players etc. I would like to make my track fully functional before i start to polish it visualy.

• buckets

I have a track building tutorial help file by Uzzi which I would upload here, but it is an invalid file type for a post.

Maybe the BTB upload section could have an area to upload documents. Eninisfargis'/Eric's texture making/import guide would be a good one to put there as well.

• Steppenwolf

Could you upload those files to megaupload, rapidshare or a similar service? Would be much appreciated.

I have a track building tutorial help file by Uzzi which I would upload here, but it is an invalid file type for a post.

Maybe the BTB upload section could have an area to upload documents. Eninisfargis'/Eric's texture making/import guide would be a good one to put there as well.
I have just uploaded my Tutorial.
Still waiting to be approved.
Cheers

• Steppenwolf

I have downloaded this file. Unfortunately none of the links inside the file work. Seems like some pages that belong to it are missing. I get this error:

The address is not valid

Most likely causes:

• There might be a typing error in the address.
  • If you clicked on a link, it may be out of date.
What you can try:

bullet.png
Retype the address.

bullet.png
Go back to the previous page.

I'm thankfull for every tutorial btw. Keep them coming.

• buckets

Sorry about that - not sure why it didn't work, but I zipped it this time and tried downloading. Seems to work ok for me now. (I updated the previous link)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 392 40.1%