Before Wreckfest

Tarmac Terrorist

Paul McCaffrey
Hi all, been watching the Wreckfest livestreams and it looks like a great time, but before I decide to maybe jump in and get a copy I wanted to see how much fun I could have offline with its predecessors. See Im always gunna be spending alot of times in other sims, but think id enjoy this to. So thing is, my brother gave me his old CD/DVD copys of Flatout & Flatout 2, problem is one of them has bloody protection software which almost locked me out of my PC (Flatout 2) so i uninstalled it straight away, and the other (Flatout) installs but wont run cause im on Windows7. After a bit of digging around I find because of certain deeply burried code these games wont run on modern opperating systems, even in compatibility mode. Surely this can't be right! These games are great, and not that old and bought and paid for. WTF! Anybody know something I don't (without getting directed to dodgy mod sights that claim to have patches and turn out to be place's of nasty malware. Cheers if you can help!

(Flatout) installs but wont run cause im on Windows7. After a bit of digging around I find because of certain deeply burried code these games wont run on modern opperating systems, even in compatibility mode. Surely this can't be right! These games are great, and not that old and bought and paid for. WTF! Anybody know something I don't (without getting directed to dodgy mod sights that claim to have patches and turn out to be place's of nasty malware. Cheers if you can help!
I have Flatout 1 and 2 both installed and running on my Windows 7 system. No problems whatsoever. Could be a graphics driver problem?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%