• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

BeamNGDrive forum ? it is more of a sim then 90% of these

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Durge Driven, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie
    David Pemberton Premium

Ratings:
    +2,891
    3 and half years later and it's still Early Access? :O_o:

I think Beam ng is the LFS of the crash-sim market :p

• Haha Haha x 1
  2. CobraCat

CobraCat

Ratings:
    +373
    BeamNG mos def needs its own forum here. The latest update with the Italy map is amazing and the FFB and physics are veddddy nice!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. CobraCat

CobraCat

Ratings:
    +373
    Gotta love the cobble stone sound effects

4. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie
    David Pemberton Premium

Ratings:
    +2,891
    I just don't get it :O_o: What is the point of the game? To drive around and... ?

It simply seems like self-indulgence on the part of the developers. I understood the point of Rigs of Rods - it was a physics sandbox, a simulator, but when they branched off into BeamNG it just seemed to lose any purpose, other than to crash into things and marvel at the visual effect.

I can see it being mildy amusing for about 10 minutes, but after that, no - I'm 46 years old and no longer pretend to crash my Matchbox cars into each other :rolleyes:

5. CobraCat

CobraCat

Ratings:
    +373
    I enjoy driving around on real world roads with proper physics on surfaces that vary from tarmac to dirt (which in BeamNG seems well done) For me this is the appeal. GTA sized level with realistic physics and nicely implemented FFB. The crashing while amusing is the least interesting part of BeamNG to me.

There are also pre made scenarios you can drive in as well, several police chase missions. I've always wanted a driving sim with massive driving environment and realistic physics. This is as close as we have to that at the moment.

Its one reason why I love circuits in AC such as Nords, Feldbergring, LA Canyons and hill climb roads. I want real world driving, traditional race tracks aren't terribly interesting to me at this point. I've been sim racing off and on for almost 20 years. Its another reason why I prefer street cars to race cars.

• Beer Beer x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. CobraCat

CobraCat

Ratings:
    +373
    About 29 seconds in when I slam on the brakes the momentum of the car causes it to slide up the hill after I locked up the brakes, this felt extremely realistic to me. Subtle things like this get my attention

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.