BBC reveal which races are to be shown live next season

BBC will show ten races live next season with the others being extended highlights. For formula one viewers in the UK, this is a very important announcement, especially for those who do not have Sky F1.

Australian Grand Prix - Sky
Malaysian Grand Prix - Sky
Chinese Grand Prix - Sky/BBC
Bahrain Grand Prix - Sky
Spanish Grand Prix - Sky/BBC
Monaco Grand Prix - Sky
Canadian Grand Prix - Sky/BBC
British Grand Prix - Sky/BBC
German Grand Prix - Sky
TBC - Sky/BBC
Hungarian Grand Prix - Sky
Belgian Grand Prix - Sky/BBC
Italian Grand Prix - Sky/BBC
Singapore Grand Prix - Sky
Korean Grand Prix - Sky
Japanese Grand Prix - Sky/BBC
Indian Grand Prix - Sky/BBC
Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Sky
United States Grand Prix - Sky
Brazilian Grand Prix - Sky/BBC

Me personally, I'm perhaps a little dissapointed. Although Monaco is quite a boring Grand Prix most of the time, it is nevertheless an amazing challenge and seeing F1 cars inches away from the barriers is an astonishing sight. It's one of the jewels of the calender and to not be able to see it live is a bit annoying for me. And also the fact that Australia is not going to be live is another dissapointment as the first race is always interesting. And if Japan is being shown live at 5 a.m. in the morning then why isn't Australia? But all BBC are doing at the end of the day is making the best out of a bad situation. I think they cant show 3 races in a row as highlights and sky have a choice as to some of the races they want aswell.

Suzi Perry is the new presenter, replacing Jake. I've never seen her before so I dont know what she will be like, but nevertheless I'm gutted that Jake is gone. :thumbsdown:

I think it works Sky pick a few races then BBC pick a few races
I think BBC were first so they got the races like Brazil, Silverstone & Spa
then Sky would pick tracks like Malaysia, Australia & Monaco, Australia and Malaysia because, they would want the first couple so they could show off their product without BBC being live and maybe get some extra Sky subscriptions ;) I think that is how it works

I would have atleast expected the season starter at Australia :)

BBC probably didn't choose it because its at an awkward time, but the first round is really interesting anyway, even if the race is boring. I would also have thought it would be good to pull in casual fans interested in seeing the opening of the season, not to mention real fans, who I imagine are annoyed like myself.

I think it works Sky pick a few races then BBC pick a few races
I think BBC were first so they got the races like Brazil, Silverstone & Spa
then Sky would pick tracks like Malaysia, Australia & Monaco, Australia and Malaysia because, they would want the first couple so they could show off their product without BBC being live and maybe get some extra Sky subscriptions ;) I think that is how it works
, Sky Boradcasts all Races, so they really don't have to pick any at all, it's down to the BBC and what makes sense for them, the whole point they of them giving up broadcasting all the races live with "aparantely" due to money , which i think is nonsense.

im not happy with their choices of races to broadcast, oh well :)

, Sky Boradcasts all Races, so they really don't have to pick any at all, it's down to the BBC and what makes sense for them, the whole point they of them giving up broadcasting all the races live with "aparantely" due to money , which i think is nonsense.

im not happy with their choices of races to broadcast, oh well :)
No what I meant was Sky pick what they get exclusively live, ;)

I would also have thought it would be good to pull in casual fans interested in seeing the opening of the season
The casual fans would not watch the live race because it's on early, so the highlights package is sufficient for them. As a proper fan (just), I'd prefer it to be on early, but it's out of our hands unless one of you is the BBC Director General.

Some choices I can understand, others I can't. So they broadcast the Italian one, which is usually pretty quick and dull, and they leave out Singapore (long and tricky)? My top 10 races I'm looking forward to the most:
Australian Grand Prix - Sky
Malaysian Grand Prix - Sky

Monaco Grand Prix - Sky
Canadian Grand Prix - Sky/BBC
British Grand Prix - Sky/BBC
Belgian Grand Prix - Sky/BBC
Singapore Grand Prix - Sky
Korean Grand Prix - Sky
Japanese Grand Prix - Sky/BBC
Brazilian Grand Prix - Sky/BBC
And only 5 of em are broadcast live by the BBC. :O_o:

I'm not going to watch BBC next season.

I've seen a full season of F1 on ITV, a full season on BBC, so for 2013 I'm going to watch every race on Sky, see how it compares over a full season.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 350 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 484 39.0%