Battlefield 4

I wish I could get excited for this.

It looks pretty, sure, but so many parts of that video, it's just a point and click adventure. The building collapse, the chopper going down... you're just along for the ride watching the cutscene through the eyes of the main character. When you ARE in control of the action, you're either walking down a dark atmospheric corridor, or shooting at enemies like it's some carnival game. That's all been done before.

Oh, but there are birds flying in the sky this time.

I would be looking forward to online, but the mass popularity of Call of Duty has ruined more than just CoD itself... all people want to do is run around with stupid gun combinations and try and improve their kill/death ratio instead of focus on winning the game. Heck, last time I tried to play Battlefield 3 online, my entire team was just sitting at the airstrip waiting for a jet to spawn.

It'll get 10's from IGN and be named game of the year, though.

I've preordered on the PC which is a bold move for me. I'd managed to get my wings x22 on the Xbox and I've just started playing it on PC which is a culture shock I can tell you. I'm so tempted to grab my 360 controller but resisting the temptation and trying to re train my brain and fingers to use the razor nostromo and the faithful mouse combo. I'm struggling I can tell you but I did when I first started playing FPS on the 360. Hopefully I'll crack it :)

I might buy it for Singleplayer but it was so short last time i might skip it.
More interested in the latest iteration of the Frostbite engine.

Buying mainly for singleplayer? Wow.. I quit BF3's singleplayer half-way through and never looked back, I thought it was absolute bollocks. Having seen the first gameplay of BF4's SP it only seems to be going downhill. Even if BF4's SP was 48 hours long I wouldn't even bother looking at it. BF is losing its soul and is becoming CoD-like. I know it sounds like I'm saying ''my opinion is fact'', but I find it so, so sad to see a good story opportunity wasted.

Bad Company 2's singleplayer was amazing. The main difference between BC2 and BF3 is that BC2 was more of a satire towards other games and in BF3 everything had to be so serious. Exactly because of that I can't take the latter seriously, because everything is Hollywood-like and cliché with cutscenes and buildings collapsing every five seconds. There was no personality in the characters whatsoever and I fear that BF4 will be an even more massive step backwards.

For a long time I've refrained from hitting out at EA, but their ''produce games as fast as you can'' mentality is killing multiple franchises (think of NFS). There's no room for actual development of imagination, it's become a mass producing factory.

As for the Frostbite engine, I like the look of it. But it feels horrible for me. Especially in BF3 to me it felt like you were never really ''there''. I never felt connected with the ground, the guns and the vehicles as much as in other games.

I'd love to hear if others think the same, but perhaps then it'd have to be discussed in the BF3 thread :p

As i said, i might skip it because of the SP in BF3.
The SP wasn´t anywhere near the likes of let´s say half life or similar but still had some cool moments like the jet fighter in the valley etc.

Agree on everything else except the feel of the frostbite engine. Never felt anything of what you describe,

The jet fighters i can agree with though, a more canned experience is impossible to find.
But the tanks was awesome.

And the sound, by far the best sound engine i have ever heard, the immersion when someone is shooting at you and you hear bullets hitting stuff right next to you or a bullet wizzes past your head is unreal.

I agree the sp story in BC 1&2 was awesome and was gutted when I finished them, I too stopped the sp in bf3. I love the multiplayer though and think its pretty well balanced, hoping BF4 wi be too.

I have noticed the sound and immersion is much better on the PC than its console counter parts. Still finding my feet with key presses and mouse, or should. I say fingers :)

I have noticed the sound and immersion is much better on the PC than its console counter parts. Still finding my feet with key presses and mouse, or should. I say fingers :)

I'm the same as you but I succumbed to weakness and tried the pad but even though I used to play on the Xbox it just didn't feel right :cautious: need to give it a good go with the keyboard and mouse to get used to it.

I always end up pressing the wrong key's and forgetting which one does what :(

I'm the same as you but I succumbed to weakness and tried the pad but even though I used to play on the Xbox it just didn't feel right :cautious: need to give it a good go with the keyboard and mouse to get used to it.

I always end up pressing the wrong key's and forgetting which one does what :(
"Apparently" it becomes second nature just like using the gamepad... It's getting easier but still fumbling for the right buttons in a panic moment lol.

It´s superior once you learn it. the mouse alone is light years better then a little joystick to move around.
For aiming I couldn't agree more! I'm like Callum, finding it hard to adjust to finding the right key in the heat of the moment. I'm using a razor nostromo which makes it a more comfortable feel but still gotta learn it again. I've got to get it cracked as the PC versions of these games are cheaper, bigger and better graphics and sound.

I just played yesterday when i was thrown out from the ship Valkyrie into the air before crashed into the ocean :D in the moment i pressed for recording, if i knew, i would have recorded whole video, i tried again but i couldnt replay it ... :D look what happened

Do any people from around here play this regularly? If so, there is a group (about 8 to 10) of us from another racing communtiy that would like to scrim against a team of fellow races in some matches. So post in here if anyone is interested.

Do any people from around here play this regularly? If so, there is a group (about 8 to 10) of us from another racing communtiy that would like to scrim against a team of fellow races in some matches. So post in here if anyone is interested.
I'm on. My origin is also btk150, just add me :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back