Battlefield 2

I was playing reality mod mod regularly till a few months ago. the latest ptach came out and it faded away for me a bit. might reinstall it for a change of pace.

New beta patch is now avaliable for testing, Also included is the Highway Tampa map and the all new operation blue pearl map.

http://www.fileplay.net/file/5123/battlefield-2-v1-5-beta-patch-1

v1.50
- Various changes made to prevent cheating.
- Added checks to prevent “runway grieving”
- Added Highway Tampa to the default build to make it a compulsory update.
- Added the new map Operation Blue Pearl.
- Special thanks to Blackbird at the TV2 community www.battle.no

Lots and lots of other stuff fixed and added to make this game one of the best team orientated first person shooters! Not many games get a patch 4 years after the release, An EA game beleve it or not!

BF2 is now widescreen compatable!

• Kyle Evers

I would join you, but I need to get a fresh install because after my GPU, CPU, and PSU upgrade I couldn't play BF2 anymore. Maybe I'll just do it all at once with the new patch.

After nearly a year of development and three public beta tests Battlefield 2 v1.50 is ready for release. The update will be released on Tuesday 1st September at 5pm UK, 6pm Europe. Stay tuned for release announcement in the near future!

As part of Update 1.50 we are glad to announce that not only is Highway Tampa now a required install included in the update but Euro Forces (Great Wall, Taraba Quarry and Operation Smoke Screen) and Armored Fury (Midnight Sun, Operation Harvest and Operation Road Rage) is now FREE for all Battlefield 2 players. Including the brand new map, Operation Blue Pearl this brings EIGHT new maps that everyone can play and will be added to ranked Battlefield 2 servers world wide. The Booster Pack content is included in the update and has made the file just over 2Gb in size.

Server providers around the world will have access to the client file so find your closest host for best download speeds. To install Battlefield 2 Update v1.50 you must have Battlefield 2 updated to version 1.41 or Battlefield 2 Complete Collection from EA Store installed. Thank you to all of the EAUK Forums (http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-2/) members who have given feedback and requests during the development of this update. The full change log for Update 1.50 is as follows:

Features Gameplay Tweaks Bug Fixes - Addtional ssupport for Windows Vista. - Changes made to both the J10 and F35B to make them more balanced. - Fixed the issue where picking up a players kit would cause CTD - Added Highway Tampa as a required map. - AA targeting tweaked to make it more effective. - Updated BF2OpenAL.dll from version 1.1.1.0 to version 2.1.8.1 - Aded a ew map called Operation Blue Pearl. - Added checks to prevent "runway grieving". - Updated ch_gas_station collision mesh on Dragon Valley to be consistent with other gas station buildings - Added Euro Force and Armored Fury as free to play content for all Battlefield 2 players. - Various changes made to prevent cheating. - Fixed the issue where MEC artillery piece on Operation Clean Sweep changes to the USMC's control when they capture the Airfield flag - Added Widesreen ssupport - Tweaked the hit detection, hits will be more accurte to the model. - Updated the Challenger2 HUD to show the correct icon instead of the M1A2 HUD icon - Allowed BF2.exe to use more than 2Gb RAM - Occasional connection drops after being on a ervver a couple of mintees - Fixed - Changed a PLA FAV to MEC FAV on Road to Jalalabad - Added support for the Novint Falcon controller (http://www.novin.com). - ). Prevented use of mouse wheeo provrovide speed boost to vehicles - Tweaked the artillery respawn time on Dragon Valley for to 360 seconds as other artillery uses
- Pented ud use of mouse wheel to exploit parachutes - Included a delay after weapon switch for the Bizon (PP-19) to 0.666
- Players can now pass claymores by going prone - Updated th35B'sB's lock delay to 1 second instead of 1.5 seconds to match other aircraft
- Update the HUD on TV Guided missiles to increase visibility on maps like Dragon Valley - Changed the Humvee camo on Taraba Quarry to be the correct design
- Added Battlefield 2142 style prone deviation (ng pg pr will ll now cause reduced accuracy for a brief period) - Increased the splash damage of the UH-60 (Black Hawk) guns from 0.25 to 1.5

- Updated the G36E HUD to react the same as other weapons during sprint

I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on boys and girls go grab yourself a copy! You won't regret it!

I have been running all the beta patches and it has improved no end! all those insta-prone guys will hate it as it now adds deviation for a few seconds as you prone. So no more bunny hoppers or insta-proners!

I must say this patch has been a long time coming. It was supposed to take a month to do but it has now totalled 1 year and 2 months!

Soon to be released on steam as a download aswell along with 1942 and vietnam!

I have Vietname aswell from the boxset :) The game is good, even though it was pretty inknown in the series. Proves the point too that BF games have some of the best animations. Good music too. Just had to download the soundtrack, some awesome Vietnam era tunes.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 104 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 278 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 405 40.1%