Battlefield 2

• Bert Van Waes

We just got it wit a little group, it is worth it mate. :)

Great fun.

A match we played a minute ago:

b74d58c17eab6471c64128b60bf82d89011e942a.png

bought it earlier and just been back on it for a little bit and its like the old days although i never really played BF2 much because by the time i had a pc good enough to play it, 2142 was out so always played that one.

At that price it would be foolish...and if i may say so...a little bit rude not to :).
Ive been enjoying seeing BF2 on my pc again after literally years away,its amazing seeing gfx i never got to see before with my weakass puter back then :p.
One thing i am getting is some big black "splodges" of gfx corruptions :(,its all confined to the ground and only about say...150m ahead of me,so all the ground at my feet is all normal and good,and its fine up to about that distance away from me,then its a mess of these big all black patchy "splodges"....any idears?...

i know what you mean about seeing the graphics on full because i'm currently running it on max, with a screen resolution of 1080p, looks amazing for a game from 2005.

• Bert Van Waes

At that price it would be foolish...and if i may say so...a little bit rude not to :).
Ive been enjoying seeing BF2 on my pc again after literally years away,its amazing seeing gfx i never got to see before with my weakass puter back then :p.
One thing i am getting is some big black "splodges" of gfx corruptions :(,its all confined to the ground and only about say...150m ahead of me,so all the ground at my feet is all normal and good,and its fine up to about that distance away from me,then its a mess of these big all black patchy "splodges"....any idears?...

I had that too, i had to put all aliasing related tweaks in the catalyst control center on "application" (=game)(ati cards). All the other tweaks no worries (like mip map etc...).

A must for all BF2 players is this tweak:

It improves the hit boxes greatly within the game as at stock they are designed for use with a ping of 100ms.

Go to
*BF2 Installation directory*\mods\bf2\Settings and edit Usersettings.con file using notepad.

Then adjust this line for the ping you get in most servers:
GSDefaultLatencyCompensation must be set to your average ping (0.04 is for 40 ping)

Was a very good game back in the day, just a shame the game ran out of shelf life, but it had a very good run.. The 1.5 patch was the final nail in the coffin for a game that had long since past away for match players..

Shame! but I guess thats like anything, but pleased to see you still all enjoy it :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 80 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 58 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 65 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 38 6.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 91 14.4%