Resource icon

Apps Battle Distance Meter 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
nice app, maybe it could be configurable a certain distance, say 50m and when 50m distance is reach it turns red, or maybe just add some colors automatically. Specially for touge battles
thanks
Do you want to change the color of both ahead and behind of the car?

Or do you want to show the ahead car in red when it catches up with the ahead car?
Or do you want to show the behind cars in red when the behind cars are approaching?

I'm thinking how to do it.

when the distance is 50m (with the 2nd or closer to you) it chould be color orange and if 100m red.
but it's just me thinking out loud. or just one distance you set and turn red. Kaido battle did something like that (not with colors though)
check here at 15:43

line 327 produces a division by zero error, when car is on s/f line
car.esttime = (ac.getCarState(i, acsys.CS.LapTime) / 1000) / car.spline_pos
check for
if car.spline_pos!=0.0:
car.esttime = (ac.getCarState(i, acsys.CS.LapTime) / 1000) / car.spline_pos
else:
car.esttime = (ac.getCarState(i, acsys.CS.LapTime) / 1000)

Haven´t tried this app yet but if I understood it correctly if is warning opposite thing that I would like to be warned and has too much information for that purpose. I think you have code that could be easily modified for my need and you can release new app?

That is an app that warns you when you are catching someone on the track fast (yellow flags doesn't warn about cars that are on the track but stopped or moving slow and for example CrewChief ignores soon to be lapped cars). My idea of it would be to app to calculate difference to car ahead on track (also lapped cars) and when car is for example 10s (or 50m) away and closing on fast rate show warning light (no warning light if car is over 10s away so it does not warn about mayhem on other side of the track, or is not closing fast rate) and on that light gap to car on meters or seconds. Ideally it would be just this data so you can put it where you can clearly see it on VR too without it blocking your vision.

I am not sure about battle distance meter but rangefinders are really cool things. A lot of hunters use them now because it makes hunting a much easier to do. You can use rangefinder for other things, but most of the people use it on their rifle scopes. Rangefinders have developed in the last few years and I really like laser rangefinders. I have been hunting a lot in the last few years and when I started using a rangefinder it became much easier for me. I use this laser rangefinder from ATN and it was really cheap. It is simple to attach and use and it is recoil resistant.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 155 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%
  • < 5 years