Bathurst: Laser Scanned

i agree that ORSM's version is bloody brilliant, but i think the real strength laser scanning will produce, if nothing else, is a better representation of the nuances of the road surface. as i said, ORSM is pretty darn good, but i think this will bring up details that most of us never knew were there.

who knows, Piddy might be working with ORSM on this version, and why not?!? they do have a new version of V8Factor in development...
at the very least, Krunch of ORSM already has ties with Piddy via the BTB skybox and Eastern Creek Laser. I don't recall if there were any other ORSM guys working on that one.

I would hope iRacing wouldn't have a leg to stand on in that regard. Mt Panorama is public road afaik, so i'm guessing you don't need to drive though closed boom gates or pay a toll, and therefore the owners/council can't stop a guy from parking on the side of the road and doing a bit of laser scanning. i don't think there are laws against laser scanning in australia yet. If it were an enclosed circuit, that might be different in terms of licenses unfortunatly. But heck, i ain't no lawyer.

Does iRacing have a history of shutting down stuff like this?

I reckon Piddy might be cooking something up with ORSM, and if he isn't, maybe he should be...

Wow. How cool is this! The laser scanning will be superior to ORSM because it is laser scanned. Correct elevations etc etc to within 10mm if you want. That is why Oran Park is so good as well.

As far as graphics go, the only real issue is the grass mix. If the grass is done well, all the objects are independantly textured and it will be extremely good. It is the textures that make a track as I found out with Lakeside and its dramas.

Virtual LM have got it done very well with a softer, dusty old feel to there tracks.

I just wish I could get Lakeside scanned, but they (QLD Motorsport) just spent 2 mill on the upgrades. $30,000 is not that much really in that context LOL.

Maybe in the future, who knows.

Mike

Mt Panorama is public road afaik, so i'm guessing you don't need to drive though closed boom gates or pay a toll,

Correct, Mt Panorama is a public road and open to anyone to drive all year (except for the great race of course).

Whatever happens with any development of a Bathurst track, I hope we finally get a version that is allowed to be converted to GTL and GTRE. Every version of Bathurst so far has been restricted.
What a shame that we don't get to race one of the worlds best tracks in either GTL or GTRE. :fingers-crossed:

• beef71

Whatever happens with any development of a Bathurst track, I hope we finally get a version that is allowed to be converted to GTL and GTRE. Every version of Bathurst so far has been restricted.
What a shame that we don't get to race one of the worlds best tracks in either GTL or GTRE. :fingers-crossed:

I don't think the version for NR2003 is rFactor restricted...But don't hold me to that. It's a pretty good version too.

I can confirm that I took the picture, that the person in the photo taking pictures is Krunch and yes that is a laser scanner in front of my car.

As for what game(s) this will turn up in, well, you'll have to wait and see.

That's all I can say about this project for now.

I can confirm that I took the picture, that the person in the photo taking pictures is Krunch and yes that is a laser scanner in front of my car.

As for what game(s) this will turn up in, well, you'll have to wait and see.

That's all I can say about this project for now.

That's sweet sweet news Piddy. Can you confirm that you ARE NOT working for iRacing?

nice piddy, you laserscanned krunch has a 3d model, why?
:rotfl:

has a person who use to drive the porsche league with wgtl. i must say this will be excellent news.:) i did it once, that was heckit enought for me.on rfactor:)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 235 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 163 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.2%