Bathurst 12h ACC event announcement

GeekyDeaks

Staff
Premium
Hi all,

I was watching the Bathurst 12h event in ACC last night on Jimmy and Jardier's streams, and during the battle with Jimmy and Dalking a comment was posted about the official stream showing the action. I switched over to check it out and lo and behold was the RD logo at the bottom. I only found out about the event via my sub to Jimmy and was wondering if I missed an announcement here about the event? No big deal, just want to make sure I haven't turned off something to notify of upcoming events in the news

Hi all,

I was watching the Bathurst 12h event in ACC last night on Jimmy and Jardier's streams, and during the battle with Jimmy and Dalking a comment was posted about the official stream showing the action. I switched over to check it out and lo and behold was the RD logo at the bottom. I only found out about the event via my sub to Jimmy and was wondering if I missed an announcement here about the event? No big deal, just want to make sure I haven't turned off something to notify of upcoming events in the news

Hi!

Nope, it wasn't announced here. RD was invited to have a car in the race, so me, @Ricoow and @Daniel Monteiro did participate in the Silver/Am-race that wasn't broadcasted :)

It wasn't an RD-hosted event though, but RCi. It's a partnership where we share knowledge and resources basically :)

Go on, I'll bite, how did you chaps fare? 12 hours seems pretty darn tough. I can hardly do one without losing concentration at some point!

Eh, we started at the back of the field, and got caught up in a start-accident that blocked the road up to the mountain. So lost approx a lap there. We got caught up in a couple of other accidents when other people spun on the mountain and bounced back on to the road, or was the car ahead of us etc. And in total lost around 3 laps in those incidents.
Ended up P11 overall (44 starters, and 39 that took the flag). 9th in the Silver-class.

Personally very happy with the result, even with this race and pre-race practice, I still have under 22 hours in ACC in total, so I just hoped for a top-half finish.

Without getting caught up in others accidents, we would've been somewhere between 4th and 7th overall. We were a couple of seconds off the best lap pace, but we were the 6th most consistent team in terms of lap-pace. Which is where I think we excelled as a team :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 92 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 68 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 100 13.8%