Bass Transducers

Hello Guys,

I was looking around the internet for information about something similar to buttkicker gamer or advance.
I dont realy understand how it works and what I need to buy despite the transducer itself can anybody explain me :)

Thanks!

So I was looking online for an inexpensive amp and found this
http://www.lelong.com.my/lepai-trip...y-iimono-lifeaid-163550922-2016-05-Sale-P.htm

Was just wondering if it's as plugging each transducers positive and negative wires into each channel and then having a 3.5mm to stereo audio plugs from the pc soundcard to the amp. Does simvibe then output certain tactile feedback to each channel? I.e. One for gear change and one for road vibrations etc.

Upvote 0
Yes, it works as you described, but this is a very weak amp. It could be enough for pucks or half powered auras though. Great for an introduction to simvibe and tactile feedback. My only concern would be if there is any high pass filter inside (which I don't think there would be).Give it a try.
Simvibe differrentiates each channel position wise. One channel for shifter, one for seat, one for pedals (the three are extension mode) and 4 channels for the four wheels (this is chassis mode). In each channel you can change the effects and intensity of them. e. g. for seat channel you add rpm, road texture, bumps etc. for pedals road texture rpm, gear shift, brakes, wind noise. What you feel and how you feel it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok cool. Will give it a try I think. Basically I have aura transducers that were once strapped to the back with a kind of backpack effort. Failed product that came out decades ago for consoles etc. Called the aura Interactor. I read that removing these and powering with a small amplifier would be enough but some guys were using higher powered car amplifiers. I guess with one of those you would just need to split the wires from a 12v 2a power plug and plug it straight into the mains to power the amp?

Upvote 0

That's the amp I used when I experimented with SimVibe last year. I already had the amp and the software so just needed to buy a shaker. I purchased a single Reckhorn shaker and bolted it to my DIY MDF rig under my seat.

It worked and I spent a few days playing around with the different SimVibe effects before disconnecting it. I think my MDF rig wasn't really suitable for shakers. The vibrations could be felt but the hollow box like construction of the rig also made a fair amount of noise.

If I make a different kind of rig in the future, I'll try it again.

Upvote 0
Ok thanks for the tip. I'm just wondering if I can run them off of a 7.1 amp I may be getting at the weekend somehow.
I know I need the power from a decent amp but as long as I can make sure the output to that channel is being controlled by simvibe it should work right?
I'm really new to this stuff so sorry if I'm not making any sense...

Upvote 0
Just make sure you got a second sound card dedicated for simvibe. If your headset is on usb (that means it has its own sound card) even the onboard is enough.. You would be able to run them with the 7.1 amp. If its able for a full spectrum passthrough for each channel you could even run all 8 channels with that amp depending on the power and the Shakers you are going to drive. Also keep an eye to the ohms of the shakers/amps.

Upvote 0
So can I just get this right in my head?

Say the amp I get has 7.1 hdmi
I want to run 5.1 speakers from it and plug the hdmi from the graphics card into the receiver and then the receiver into the tv.
There would be two channels left over.
Could I run the sim vibe controlled sound card to those two channels to power the transducer pucks or is this just crazy talk?
Or could I use the amp to power the transducers and run them off the onboard sound back panel somehow?

I've also heard of bridging connections but not sure how safe this would be with the potential loads ...

Sorry. Should just confirm that I have either a blue tooth headset or usb headset so onboard sound would be free.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No, you probably cannot utilize the amp that way. When you connect via hdmi/optical there is one Multichannel input. You cannot ask the amp to have different digital inputs at the same time. But if you have separate 7.1 signals ( aux/rca, etc) then you can work it that way. Still, I don't know if you can separately control the gain or have all the surround channels to up if down at the same time.
But I would not try it that way. It gets too complicated and probably a wrong route to take. Try to find a simple straightforward solution to be able to understand how it works and control accordingly. I started with a diy bass shaker I made out of an old home cinema sub, used the amp that I knew was a perfect much. And my Aura worked just fine at a later point with the same amp.

Upvote 0
You just need one amp, it is 2 channel and more than enough power, the sound card is fine for expansion but minimally you just need a stereo card.

Upvote 0
Would sim vibe also work if the transducer was connected to onboard audio?

Only asking as my soundcard is the only thing that actually gives me 5.1 as the onboard doesn't.
This is due to Windows 10 and 5.1/DTS issues that have still not been fixed by Microsoft....

Upvote 0
Until now I have tested many different configurations with sound cards and audio exits and they all work:

Onboard realtek
usb sb5.1
SBlive 5.1 PCI with Kx Drivers

In win 8.1

So Simvibe doesnt seem to have any problems with onboard.

Upvote 0
Bass shakers / tactile trasducers etc are essentially same technology as speakers.
I'd love to see what could be done DIY by somehow coupling the coil of a good big low band speaker to part of a structure. So long as the coil is working, it'll throw whatever remains of the cone back and forth / in and out!
Problem is this: the cone stabilizes the coil's movement. Whatever replaces the cone has to do that same job.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back