Bass shaker / Simvibe - first try - advice appreciated

Hi guys. Today im receiving my amp and 2 shakers for my sim rig. I have a GTOmega Art cockpit.

The amp: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00KBIV1WW/ref=pe_3187911_189395841_TE_dp_3
Shakers: https://www.amazon.de/Sinuslive-11412-BassPumpIII-4-Ohm/dp/B0000WR4F2
Extra soundcard: sound blaster audigy fx

Does anyone run with similar setups?
Any advice regarding placement of the 2 shakers?
One on each side of the seat?
Or one under the seat and one under the pedals?
Simvibe settings for Assetto Corsa / R3E / RF2

Any advice will be appreciated since Im a real noob regarding this. :o)

Best regards
Michael

Yes I read a few of the posts. But I was hoping someone had experience with only 2 shakers and where to put them for maximum effect. I am specifically wondering what is better - one on each side or one in front and one under the seat... But I guess I can just try and see :o)

Upvote 0
I'm running in SimVibe extensions mode with 4 shakers (3 x Bass Pump III and 1 x Big Bass Pump): 2 under the seat (BPIII + BBP for big bumps), 1 under shifter, 1 at the pedals. Best way for 2 shakers is to put one under the seat and one on the pedals. Experiment what works best by mounting the shaker at the side of the seat / pedals or by mounting them under or at the rear. To feel your feet vibrate too is awesome.

Upvote 0
I have one under the seat and the second in the back. Didn't try in the pedals. I have a Frex V2 pedals with vibration. For sure is not the same but I didn't want too much effects there.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the input guys. Now I have set it up with one under the pedals and one under the seat. Feels good - and now for all the fine tuning :-D

Which effect is the one you want to mess with to feel the kerbs more? :o)

Upvote 0
Peoples preferences vary when it comes to 2 units.

Whats more enjoyable or important to you?
  • Stereo placement of suspension effects?
  • Effects separation on separate units, one for bumps etc and the other for engine, gears, damage etc?
  • Seat & Pedals placement for more bodily contact in two regions?

These were tested/monitored and confirmed activities for Simvibe.

SSW with continued testing and building improved effect files that are on-going I believe has more potential for tactile immersion. Well certainly regards feeling what the car is doing when compared to Simvibe. Although Simvibe currently does, however, have some advantages but mainly with engine effect options.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back