DiRT Rally 2.0 Basics of DR2 setups

Not sure if others experience this, but for some reason in this game the basics you would normally offer up to make a car say better on tar or bumpy gravel so only seem to work a little.

If I was in Argy for instance I would raise ride height to maybe 1 or 2 below max, soften springs, but then the dampers stuff can get very complex and the info on the bars is often very vague. And obviously on tar, lower height, stiffer springs stiff front A/R and harder dampers say.

If I do these the cars does not fel that different from default. Am I presuming they actually put any thought into it? or are setups really not a thing in this game.

And as far as diffs go I have no idea, they all seem to be the same really.

the setups actually do a lot. But lowering and raising a car is just stability change. Same with spring stiffness.
If you change only fronts or only rears, you'll notice the difference right away.
Try gtr technical on youtube. His setups are pretty good. Not always in the long run when tyres are getting worn. Often really understeers on worn tyres. But it will give you an idea where setups need to go in dirt rally 2. I often start with his setup and adapt it a bit on hard tyres ( so the new tyres don't mask the cars behavior). To a more neutral behavior instead of understeer biased which wears the fronts out faster.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back