Basic Questions About Pitstops in AC

I'm practicing for my first online race in AC, and I need a basic primer about pitstops. (My only online racing experience is with GPL years ago. GPL races did not use pitstops, so this aspect of "modern" sim racing is quite new to me.) I'm using Content Manager, so I need info in that context:

1. How/where do I set up pit strategy before the race?

2. How do I signal the pit crew to get ready to receive me in the pits?

3. What do I need to do in-car while the re-fueling, etc is taking place?

4. Am I missing anything else that I need to know?

I'm using "Crew Chief" software, which lets me know when I'm low on fuel, etc, if that matters at all

Thanks!.

I'm practicing for my first online race in AC, and I need a basic primer about pitstops. (My only online racing experience is with GPL years ago. GPL races did not use pitstops, so this aspect of "modern" sim racing is quite new to me.) I'm using Content Manager, so I need info in that context:

1. How/where do I set up pit strategy before the race?

2. How do I signal the pit crew to get ready to receive me in the pits?

3. What do I need to do in-car while the re-fueling, etc is taking place?

4. Am I missing anything else that I need to know?

I'm using "Crew Chief" software, which lets me know when I'm low on fuel, etc, if that matters at all

Thanks!.
1.). The last tab of the setup menu allows you to set up pit stops.

2.) Just head in. There is no way to let your crew know you're coming in. If you've set multiple pit scenarios in the setup screen, select which one you're going to use.

3.) Just make sure you hit your marks in the pit stall. Everything else is done for you.

4.) Pitting in AC is pretty basic. There really isn't a ton there, feature wise.

As a semi-related question, is there any way to move the pit HUD? It displays over top of my apps bar. Wasn't an issue in the past, but ever since it displays as soon as you load up in the pits I can't see my apps bar to change things before I head on track.

Ryno917, open up pitstop.ini in the assettocorsa/system/cfg folder in your Steam common library . . . then experiment with the OBJECT_POS_X and OBJECT_POS_Y values. The X is horizontal, and increasing it moves it further from the left.

Ryno917, open up pitstop.ini in the assettocorsa/system/cfg folder in your Steam common library . . . then experiment with the OBJECT_POS_X and OBJECT_POS_Y values. The X is horizontal, and increasing it moves it further from the left.

Awesome, thanks mate! Just 100 or so pixels to the left would solve things wonderfully. I'll have a poke around when I get a chance :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 237 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 297 13.3%