General BaseY-Rod Steward-Pickup-CG-Ride Height - the 1Millionths thread about it + salad cucumbers

Thank you again for your answer! everything is much clearer now just one more question for the car ini PICKUP_FRONT_HEIGHT & PICKUP_REAR_HEIGHT settings.
Is it better to put the numbers in assuming no rake or is it better to give values assuming a neutral ("stock") car rake of some mm (5-20mm)?
I believe if i understand it correctly that it's better to give values assuming no rake just based on wheel size and CoG (for cars with different wheel sizes front/rear) so that aero/drag has a neutral point to be calculated from (and playing with rod length/setup you adjust the rake).
RD notifications stopped working, sorry for delay.

It depends how you set up baseY in suspensions.ini, but you should take the measurements in what you consider is a "0 rake" height. So e.g. a (perfectly) flat floor car will have the same pickup height front and rear and then you get the rake from baseY or rod length. If the floor's not flat (e.g. the BMW I posted), your pickup values will be different.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 207 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 265 13.6%