Base maps

I started dabbling with BTB FINALLY. I'm glad I found this forum. Some searching already answered some of my questions. I race on dirt ovals so my first attempt is going to be my local track. It's a 3/8 mile (0.6 kilometers). I pulled a kml file from Google Earth but it did not get too much of the surrounding area. I zoomed in as close as possible so the base map I imported was clear enough to be precise. So a couple questions for you gurus...

1. Does anyone use the scanned in base plan as part of the model to improve speed over recreating the whole infield with materials and objects? Just curious!

2. I've watched some of the vids on the BTB site about materials. With an oval do you just add more points to lengthen the area on the inside section of the track until each side overlaps and fills the area with one texture?

These may be basic questions but most folks aren't doing ovals so I haven't found much help yet. Thanks in advance!

I've watched some of the vids on the BTB site about materials. With an oval do you just add more points to lengthen the area on the inside section of the track until each side overlaps and fills the area with one texture?

I am new and learning as I go too.
Last night I used the "fill" option for the 1st time.
Worked like a champ.
Just add as much terrain as you can to the inside (99.00).
Then select move anchors,hit W for wire frame mode.
Hold down shift/lt.mouse and make a general circle around the edge of the ground surface.
This will highlight all of the end nodes. You can then right click and a little pop up window
will come up(you will see the fill option) .
I am not in front of my btb right now so I may have missed a step...I am sure others will chime in to help.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back