Barcika's Trackpack for Race 07 by Sergio Hundo (pack 04)

Tracks Barcika's Trackpack for Race 07 by Sergio Hundo (pack 04) 2021-12-14

Login or Register an account to download this content
sergio hundo submitted a new resource:

Barcika's Trackpack for Race 07 by Sergio Hundo (pack 04) - Conversions from rFactor/GTR2/GTL to Race 07

Barcika's Trackpack for Race 07 by Sergio Hundo (pack 04)

Conversions from rFactor/GTR2/GTL to Race 07 by Sergio Hundo

I want to thank, first of all, to Barcika, the creator of all the tracks in this Trackpack, for allowing me to convert to Race 07. Congratulations on the impressive job you do. I dedicate all my work in recognition of what Barcika has done for simraces games and I also dedicate it to the entire community, so that everyone knows and enjoy the fantastic tracks made by him...

Read more about this resource...

Hi, Sergio.
The Gemello-tracks in Pack 04 ... (all 4 layouts) Did you test-drive them ?
I have invisible roadblocks on both sides of centerline, on numerous places of the tracks .. Could it be a tree-shadow issue ?

Hi, Sergio.
The Gemello-tracks in Pack 04 ... (all 4 layouts) Did you test-drive them ?
I have invisible roadblocks on both sides of centerline, on numerous places of the tracks .. Could it be a tree-shadow issue ?
Hi, Peppelino !
Yes, I believe that the cause of these issues is the shadows I configured for the track and these settings are related to the files in the Shaders folder, which is in the main game directory. I'm checking with original files and other updates made as I don't just want to take the shadows to resolve this. I will update them soon. Thank you very much for your comments and observations.

Rabbit Field-report :

Attachments

• Rabbit_Field - gdb edit2.jpg
    Rabbit_Field - gdb edit2.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 69
Rabbit Field-report :
These settings are from another track, which I certainly didn't change to more default track values, like Rabbit Field. Change to these:

RoadDryGrip = 1.0
AIDryGrip = 1.02
RoadWetGrip = 0.75
AIWetGrip = 0.75
PlayerTireWear = 1.0
FrontTireHeatMult = 0.99
RearTireHeatMult = 1.00

I will include this fix in the next update. Thanks for letting me know!

These settings are from another track, which I certainly didn't change to more default track values, like Rabbit Field. Change to these:

RoadDryGrip = 1.0
AIDryGrip = 1.02

I've been testing this all morning..
Agressive AI, put up a tremendous fight at 95%.. Un-believable, 10 Laps races, we had.
I'm sorry Sergio, I want it to be 1.2 :D

Ok, Peppelino I I make a lot of settings to have well-fought races with the AI's. All races are epics, and no cheating (from either side lol) and I often forget to put the default track settings. I'm learning (by myself) to configure the AI's path lines using the AIW Editor. The AI's are almost "humans"... It's emotion with each lap, each overtake...

Thanks, Sergio ! It's 1.2 then..

Hopefully someone else could do some more testing, and give some opinion about it. "Good old" bumpy Road Atlanta, had a whopping 1.3, and I was not very surprised seeing an uber AI win. While RoA 2016 had only 1.03, feeling slippery and AI had problems everywhere... Just one other example.

Thanks, Sergio ! It's 1.2 then..

Hopefully someone else could do some more testing, and give some opinion about it. "Good old" bumpy Road Atlanta, had a whopping 1.3, and I was not very surprised seeing an uber AI win. While RoA 2016 had only 1.03, feeling slippery and AI had problems everywhere... Just one other example.
I'm going to do some tests on this track. Any news, I'll let you know.

Back to AI. In Pack 04, we have the Kazinbarcika-track . AI wants to go through walls.. Happens in Private Mode, usually One AI. When Restart, One up to Three AI.
Pretty good AI in Race Mode.. :D Testing Pitstops, next...

Attachments

• Kazinbarcika_2022-01-24_  Private Mode - Start and Restart - A I problem.jpg
    Kazinbarcika_2022-01-24_ Private Mode - Start and Restart - A I problem.jpg
    513.8 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Back to AI. In Pack 04, we have the Kazinbarcika-track . AI wants to go through walls.. Happens in Private Mode, usually One AI. When Restart, One up to Three AI.
Pretty good AI in Race Mode.. :D Testing Pitstops, next...
Hi, Peppelino !
I didn't test these tracks in private mode. I'll include this error from the AI's and if it's possible I'll update the track with a fix next time. Thanks for your "discoveries"!...

I noticed that too, I meant to fix it because it's a nice track. The Pit lane path doesn't seem to come out correctly.

The Aidrygrip function I have found only seems to speed up the Ai corner speed, If they have problems with slipping they just slip faster. It's a good feature to help speed up the AI if they are a bit slow. Changes in the Ai line are needed if they are slipping off the track.
Other things I want to figure out are Track-specific setups for the Ai cars, And something I was testing today is how the Feelers work.
I think one day we should write a small guide on all these settings so that anyone new who is interested can get a head start and not have to do so much experimenting.

I noticed that too, I meant to fix it because it's a nice track. The Pit lane path doesn't seem to come out correctly.

The Aidrygrip function I have found only seems to speed up the Ai corner speed, If they have problems with slipping they just slip faster. It's a good feature to help speed up the AI if they are a bit slow. Changes in the Ai line are needed if they are slipping off the track.
Other things I want to figure out are Track-specific setups for the Ai cars, And something I was testing today is how the Feelers work.
I think one day we should write a small guide on all these settings so that anyone new who is interested can get a head start and not have to do so much experimenting.
Great observations, Speednut357! There is a lot of "loose" information on forums and in our "minds". Let's let this suggestion "mature" of yours. But going back to the AI's, I've already learned to edit the waypoints in the AIW Editor, but when they overtake, they go off track. If you know how to get them to stay on the lane when they make these overtakes, let me know. I thank you.

In '19 this thread started about an AI-Learning project, for the future I guess.. :
Another old one @ GitHub, I have it somewhere saved...
Greats informations, Peppelino. But the AI-Learning project is a plugin, something more elaborate and advanced, which requires more knowledge from those who know how to do it. The idea is great. It would be awesome to have this in SimBin games. For now, I'd rather know and "find out" more about how AI's behave, how the files involved with them (.HDR, .rcd, .plr, .tyr, .gdb, .AIW) work together , and share it with everyone. We can certainly improve and make AI's more "aware"...

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 270 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing