Barcika's Trackpack for Race 07 by Sergio Hundo (pack 04)

Tracks Barcika's Trackpack for Race 07 by Sergio Hundo (pack 04) 2021-12-14

Login or Register an account to download this content
Greats informations, Peppelino. But the AI-Learning project is a plugin, something more elaborate and advanced, which requires more knowledge from those who know how to do it. The idea is great. It would be awesome to have this in SimBin games. For now, I'd rather know and "find out" more about how AI's behave, how the files involved with them (.HDR, .rcd, .plr, .tyr, .gdb, .AIW) work together , and share it with everyone. We can certainly improve and make AI's more "aware"...
We seem to be on the same idea at the moment, how do the files work together? I'm sure there is some kind of secret sauce in there somewhere, waiting for us to find it. Certain car and track combinations just seem to work really good while others are not so great. I'm still not able to point to what exactly it is that makes the difference.

We seem to be on the same idea at the moment, how do the files work together? I'm sure there is some kind of secret sauce in there somewhere, waiting for us to find it. Certain car and track combinations just seem to work really good while others are not so great. I'm still not able to point to what exactly it is that makes the difference.
Yes, good observasion.. There is things to read .. Found this by Mr. B Hansen, regarding AI collisions. We have seen that many times, in narrow tracks :

Attachments

• from Readme_GTR2-GTREVO_V3.1.jpg
    from Readme_GTR2-GTREVO_V3.1.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 88
Yes, good observasion.. There is things to read .. Found this by Mr. B Hansen, regarding AI collisions. We have seen that many times, in narrow tracks :
The PLR file changes in that pic are worth doing. They work. But I have no idea what they do, so I haven't written them in my notes yet. The HDC file change in the sentence above the PLR settings AIMinPassesPerTick=7 Is also worth doing. It means the game will calculate the AI path seven times per game tick, as far as I know. How long a game tick is in race07, I don't know, but the more, the better. Lower this option if your computer is stuttering with the game, which is not an issue with any computer less than 10years old but worth remembering.
I presume everyone knows that FPS directly affects many game calculations. Especially FFB. If you can get the Frame rate into the hundreds, you will get a much better game. I presume that the game tick and FPS are connected.

The PLR file changes in that pic are worth doing. They work. But I have no idea what they do, so I haven't written them in my notes yet. The HDC file change in the sentence above the PLR settings AIMinPassesPerTick=7 Is also worth doing. It means the game will calculate the AI path seven times per game tick, as far as I know. How long a game tick is in race07, I don't know, but the more, the better. Lower this option if your computer is stuttering with the game, which is not an issue with any computer less than 10years old but worth remembering.
I presume everyone knows that FPS directly affects many game calculations. Especially FFB. If you can get the Frame rate into the hundreds, you will get a much better game. I presume that the game tick and FPS are connected.
With that much information, we'll end up writing a book...I know that AI to AI collision Rates makes them not stay on the track "in a row", at setting 40 they become more daring in running and overtaking. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

.. no printing, Sergio, that's old school.. :) but a good spreadsheet, de-crypt relevant files, insert sections of these files, .. could help a lot.

Reducing AI's, (on 90% or more), "breaking themselves to death", on long straites and before full-speed curves. Probably the most crazy things I know, on some tracks ..
A Global Setting for AI behavior in all tracks, .. is it possible ?

.. no printing, Sergio, that's old school.. :) but a good spreadsheet, de-crypt relevant files, insert sections of these files, .. could help a lot.

Reducing AI's, (on 90% or more), "breaking themselves to death", on long straites and before full-speed curves. Probably the most crazy things I know, on some tracks ..
A Global Setting for AI behavior in all tracks, .. is it possible ?
Peppelino, "writing a book" is just a form of expression. We are in 2022, digital age, I agree. I modify this line a lot in AIW to help AI's, and the editor can also help. Try it. It's very interesting how they change their behavior on the track.

wp_dwidth=(24.600,7.591,0.000,0.000) // collision left, collision right, cut left, cut right

Ah, you can adjust four AI-things with wp_dwidth= ... nice.
I'm trying to looking into AI's clean overtakes vs. "Hit you in the trunk-behavior", even on fast straits. Also, this happens when slowly steering into AI's drivepath, before curbs.
... with that much information, we'll end up writing a developer's ai hand-book.. :)

Kazinbarcika pit problem : AIW tool is needed for that. But other small errors, like garage-walls, no need for edit path ? Just wondering..

Attachments

• pit orientation.jpg
    pit orientation.jpg
    364 KB · Views: 54
I added your description of AI to AI Collision Rate Sergio. Please feel free to add to the document or write your ideas here, and I will add them. I think laying it all out is a good idea, I am probably wrong with some of the information stored in my head, and unless I start sorting it in some way, the information will be lost. There are still the RCD and HDC files to go over.

And Peppelino, yes, to answer your question. It is straightforward to make a small script to change all the settings.
It simply has to search for the files, find the text lines, and change the values, It's probably a bit hard for my pea brain, but it's a pretty basic thing to do in programming terms.

I added your description of AI to AI Collision Rate Sergio. Please feel free to add to the document or write your ideas here, and I will add them. I think laying it all out is a good idea, I am probably wrong with some of the information stored in my head, and unless I start sorting it in some way, the information will be lost. There are still the RCD and HDC files to go over.

And Peppelino, yes, to answer your question. It is straightforward to make a small script to change all the settings.
It simply has to search for the files, find the text lines, and change the values, It's probably a bit hard for my pea brain, but it's a pretty basic thing to do in programming terms.
pea brain...lol...i liked this...lol...

Kazinbarcika pit problem : AIW tool is needed for that. But other small errors, like garage-walls, no need for edit path ? Just wondering..
There are two things I cannot figure out in the AIW editor. I can change the path for the pit lane, but I cannot change the point where it joins the racing line. There must be a way to do this. The other thing I noticed is that on some track conversions, the AI seems to spawn too far back into the garage, and when they try to leave, they hit the garage wall and get stuck. The spawn location needs to be moved forward so that AI is halfway out of the garage. But I cannot figure out how to do this.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 248 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%