Resource icon

Tracks Barcelona (3 Seasons, 4 Layouts, DRS) 2.10

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi @Gringo
There seems to be a problem with the race starts at Barcelona since the latest Reiza AI updates. I can't work out what is causing it - when the lights go green, most of the cars move across to the right edge of the track, causing a long single file, with only a few using the rest of the track. It only lasts for the first straight but it spoils the starts a bit.

Any clue as to why this would happen, I'd really like to solve it as it's otherwise a top track. :)

Hi Keith,

It seems that the AI has been wound up pretty tight as of late. I expect that another AIW parameters update will be needed shortly. Are you using the beta branch? One big change that I am seeing is in the "AIDraftStickiness" factor in the AIW. The in the last round of updates this factor was = 0.00100 but now I am seeing values = 1.00000 or = 0.10000 used.

Other than that I don't see how the AIW's could be responsible for the strange behaviors.

Yes you may be right, it might be that somehow they each think they should try and overtak eon the right, so they all end up in a row on the right side. It's just weird as it is only Barcelona where I have seen it this extreme.

I have tried a few variations of AIDraftStickiness, LineSpacing, and SlowWhenPushed, & I've tried editing the outside and inside lines, but nothing seems to be affecting this.

Not to worry, once the main Reiza updates have settled down I'll look again in case I can find a fix for it, it's not a major thing, it's just that I've had some really good races at Barcelona and this just spoils the starts a bit.
But if you could also bear it in mind, you might come across the reason or a fix while working on other AIWs.

cheers

I've tried editing the outside and inside lines

If so, be sure to, reset special waypoints, save, exit, manually delete the [ALTGRID] points from the AIW, save, reload, recalculate groove, save.

If the inside/outside lines change then the ALTGRID points will change too... still I dont know why the AI would bunch up to the right on race starts.

Is it the same if you do rolling starts, or skip formation lap?

yes it's the same for all starts. unfortunately it seems to be something in the code.

If I start a Barcelona race in rFactor using the exact same AIW, then they all start correctly from their grid slot, heading in the direction they are pointing.

But in AMS, (on all tracks, not just Barcelona), they all turn sharply left or right to first get themselves on one of the AI lines, THEN they begin to race. It looks a bit silly to be honest, & it would be great if Reiza could iron that one out, but it is possible to ignore as it doesn't really spoil the start.

But in Barcelona, there is the added ingredient that they then steer completely to the right side of the track & they don't spread out until later down the straight.

Anyway, don't worry about it, you're busy enough with other tracks, at least you're aware & one of us might eventually learn the reason for it while editing an AIW or reading a forum. I'll post back if I do happen to solve it.

Cheers

I have noticed a few weird race starts and wondered if it is due to the new entries in the talent files like "startskill"? The AI are all over the place since the last update :(
Maybe now somewhere the are trying to use all 3 lines, as we know inside and outside lines are generally not really generated very well?

Patrick Giranthon updated Barcelona (4 layouts, 3 seasons, DRS) with a new update entry:

Track renovation with focus on mesh issues, Improved physics, New AI, Garage details

Special note : Make sure to remove any previous versions of Barcelona from your locations folder before installing this version.

(Barcelona_AMS_V2.00.7z) MD5 = B1A42DBDAC10561BE995A511BFB39B57

Hello AMS racers,

I wasn't planning to do so much work on this track, but as always, once I start tweaking I cant seem to help myself. Barcelona had quite a few minor physics issues, some odd curbs that would spin the car, some wonky spots that generated weird bumps. My goal was to sort out these...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey All,

Ok I spent a few more days watching onboard vids and I redid the curbs for Barcalona.

Building on what we had in v2.00 I have modded textures and the mapping to be a bit more like the real thing. Also I added a third curb type... a grooved curb that is seen in some of the runoff and / or approach curbs.

In addition I have tweaked the TDF (physics) to give more feeling on all three of the curb types.

So the question I ask of you all is, should I release these curbs in a new Barcelona version or not?

Give me an answer.

Agree to this post to have an update v2.10 with new curbs, or disagree to keep the original V2.00 as is.

Cheers

Patrick Giranthon updated Barcelona (3 Seasons, 4 Layouts, DRS) with a new update entry:

Improved curbs

(Barcelona_AMS_V2.10.7z) MD5 = 0A0687C41F22D4EE7D06F34297D658E4

Hello All,

A bit more work to bring better curbs to Barcelona v2.

Whats new...

* Re map all the curbs to be a little closer to the real paint.
* Add a new grooved curb to the existing flat and saw-tooth curb types.
* Try to place the correct curb types as they are on real track.
* Increase the rumble effects on all 3 curb types.

Cheers

Gringo

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey All,

Ok I spent a few more days watching onboard vids and I redid the curbs for Barcalona.

Building on what we had in v2.00 I have modded textures and the mapping to be a bit more like the real thing. Also I added a third curb type... a grooved curb that is seen in some of the runoff and / or approach curbs.

In addition I have tweaked the TDF (physics) to give more feeling on all three of the curb types.

So the question I ask of you all is, should I release these curbs in a new Barcelona version or not?

Give me an answer.

Agree to this post to have an update v2.10 with new curbs, or disagree to keep the original V2.00 as is.

Cheers

Can you pack the track with the existing ones and call it Barcelona 2018 or sorta...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 349 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 243 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%