Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

Quickly compared the two Porsche mods (with Realfeel for both), and I can say this:

While this mod has a good default setup for the car (and there's not much you can change), one has to adjust the setup on Pat's mod to make it less twitchy. Also the tyres (the most important thing) are less unforgiving in the latter, so overall it is more difficult to drive. More testing needed, preferrably with equal setups, for better evaluation.
I made a note about the realfeel : [997RS]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-3300.000000 but Perhaps you already corrected it ;)

Quickly compared the two Porsche mods (with Realfeel for both), and I can say this:

While this mod has a good default setup for the car (and there's not much you can change), one has to adjust the setup on Pat's mod to make it less twitchy. Also the tyres (the most important thing) are less unforgiving in the latter, so overall it is more difficult to drive. More testing needed, preferrably with equal setups, for better evaluation.
Well, dont think you must compare them, I dont want a civil war here :roflmao:
Not sure the car is the same anyway.

Hello,

Sorry for the (very) late answer, our team is currently very busy on rFactor2. But i can answer you directly in public, since our team opinion about conversion has always been published and never changed since then.

Since rFactor, we have always focused on games 1 by 1, instead of multiple release, because we take time to test all game and decide wich game we find the best for us, and where we think our MODs should be at their best. It was rFactor, and now we have mooved over rFactor2. In addition, we don't see the point of allowing a conversion since we have got all core files of our cars and we don't need external help. It's a simple strategic decision, not a question of time or skills. That said, we are not able to forbid you release it even without autorisation, so it's up to you, but it will be against our wishes.

So do not expect any positive answer to "conversions" from us. It's nothing against you, it's just our team philosophy. This applies to any product we are creating. Note that no answer doesn't mean a positive answer, you could have answered again to express the urgency. Note in addition that we never give positive answer to people that use the ripped 3d files extracted from the files ISI had encrypted for us.

If you liked the mod on rF1, you'll be able to enjoy it even more on rF2 in some weeks.

Thank you for your answer.

I always have respect for the guys that makes this great mods.
I like the endurance series for rfactor.

Its not my intention to bring your team in discredit.
If you find that the mod must be remove here i have no problem with it.

Come on, stolen?

I have converted by myself.
Look at the files and you will see that its totally different.

Indeed i saw also your conversion and have used the loadingscreen, but your conversion crashed.

Yes, Dreamer....I am afraid your version never worked and always CTD. Thanks for trying and top marks for Franklin getting it to work. Did he use your 'mod' (conversion) as his base or download the rFactor version and have a bash...I honestly don't know. The discussion regarding stolen work is quite funny in some respects....after all, who's mod is it in the first place?

I just wish the Endurance team would convert their mods to support GSC :)

Well, after what klo-che from the Enduracers crew posted, I think we can consider this Mod pretty much not useable for online purposes, unfornately.

And I only do this for the online competition.

Shame.

As posted earlier, we are against this conversion (that seems pretty bugged from the shots i see here, and not as good as the original mod), but we can't forbid it legally, so it's up to you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back