Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

Well sorry there bram it is the first time i have uploaded anything on here i do not know how to screenshot or post a video it was just a old mod from rfactor that i got working so i thought people might want to try it the file was to big to upload in one so i broke it into parts.
i just dont really know how to link to other parts that is new to me. sorry i have asked how to do this properly but with no success.

This is how the tires/suspension (or whatever it is) should work on Patrick's 997 mod. There's a lot more traction progression here, the car is driftable as it should be. The steering is a bit spongy, floaty (perhaps due to tire/suspension travel values) and not as direct as 997, but the physics is more intuitive and overall better imo.

I dont want to "defend" the mod I have released but what "It should be" is always a difficult question in modding. Probably some poeple would say that the formula vee is not as It should be, because too difficult for instance. Unless owning the car, it is really difficult to evaluate what a car should be. We, simracers, evaluate things first with feeling. Good feeling, good mod. The story end s often here. But evaluating physics is really difficult, and having expectations from what the car "should be" can be a negative filter. Can. I got a feed-back from a SRE guy who did a week-end practice on the real 997 racing car. He posted a thread about It and he was very impressed on how the 997 of the battle mod was close to the real one. I dont want to prove here that it is the best mod of the world, but it is an interesting feed-back, and the only one I have in fact. (It doesnt mean that the mod cant be better but it is an indication). After that he just bought a Porsche :)
All that said, each guy can run the mod he wants, or even all the mods. Just some thoughts about modding ;-)

Last edited:
you cheeky bastard I converted it and asked for help on another forum, you have taken it from there. you even using the same tga that I quickly knocked up. tosser

Come on, stolen?

I have converted by myself.
Look at the files and you will see that its totally different.

Indeed i saw also your conversion and have used the loadingscreen, but your conversion crashed.

I do it for the race community to bring join at racing.
I am not here to stole things.

I shall upload the mod again with another loadingscreen.

Last edited:
Patrick Giranthon updated Barbagallo (V8 Supercars) with a new update entry:

Big update

barba10.201591272023.jpg

Hi guys.

New version here :
- new trees according to some sat maps
- new gras shaders
- new crowd
- new loading screen by denis (game in V8 supercars folder)
- real time shadows
- gravel/grass transition (what a pain it was, grass mesh soooo strange)
- new AIW and cam by Gringo

Thanks also to Thierry who helped me for the .scn

I am not totally happy with the road mapping near the finish line but I think it will be ok...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Quickly compared the two Porsche mods (with Realfeel for both), and I can say this:

While this mod has a good default setup for the car (and there's not much you can change), one has to adjust the setup on Pat's mod to make it less twitchy. Also the tyres (the most important thing) are less unforgiving in the latter, so overall it is more difficult to drive. More testing needed, preferrably with equal setups, for better evaluation.

Hello,

Sorry for the (very) late answer, our team is currently very busy on rFactor2. But i can answer you directly in public, since our team opinion about conversion has always been published and never changed since then.

Since rFactor, we have always focused on games 1 by 1, instead of multiple release, because we take time to test all game and decide wich game we find the best for us, and where we think our MODs should be at their best. It was rFactor, and now we have mooved over rFactor2. In addition, we don't see the point of allowing a conversion since we have got all core files of our cars and we don't need external help. It's a simple strategic decision, not a question of time or skills. That said, we are not able to forbid you release it even without autorisation, so it's up to you, but it will be against our wishes.

So do not expect any positive answer to "conversions" from us. It's nothing against you, it's just our team philosophy. This applies to any product we are creating. Note that no answer doesn't mean a positive answer, you could have answered again to express the urgency. Note in addition that we never give positive answer to people that use the ripped 3d files extracted from the files ISI had encrypted for us.

If you liked the mod on rF1, you'll be able to enjoy it even more on rF2 in some weeks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 202 10.3%
  • < 4 years