• 27500+ Members! Dear Guest, click this link to join the community on the official RaceDepartment Discord server

Resource icon

Tracks Barbagallo (V8 Supercars) 2.1

Apr 29, 2008
Patrick Giranthon submitted a new resource:

Barbagallo - Barbagallo for GSCEx

Hi all.

Here the GSC version of Barbagallo.
Thanks to Rico for his nice job on the initial track.
Thanks to Denis for loading screen page and minimap
Thnaks to Rafffel for the new cams.

As winton, all the possible stuff injected here for roads, grass (shaders, textures, feeling, etc).
Hope you will enjoy.
Read more about this resource...

Gary Roth

25RPM
May 22, 2011
Thank you Patrick,how lucky the gsc community is to have such a talented modder!! You are appreciated!! The amount ,quickness, and quality of your mods and track remakes is staggering!!! Kudos to you!! :)

Jan Mikuž

1000RPM
Nov 21, 2013
Another great piece by Rico and Patrick. :thumbsup:
I really like the look of trees on this track, very authentic looking. Adds some nice color and feel to the environment. And the curbs are also quite unique.

Last edited:

PieterN

250RPM
Premium
Oct 30, 2008
Just started racing the AI (Super V8) at this track. The AI seems a bit slow. It's almost to easy to overtake them. At Pukekohe Historic I really have to race them at 91% strength. At Barbagallo the AI-lines don't seem to be optimal. Would an AIW-update by @Gringo help ?

Gringo

500RPM
Feb 13, 2015
Hello SimRacers,

Please find a new AIW generated for Barbagallo attached to this post.

After you download the file, rename "Barbagallo2013.aiw.txt" to "Barbagallo2013.aiw" and replace the old version AIW that comes with the track download.

The new AIW will not cause online miss-match errors.

48 car grid, 24 pit stalls (teams), 2 cars per team (garages), Formation lap and pace car support.

Attachments

tpw

250RPM
Jul 23, 2015
Thanks Gringo, top job on the AI. I knew there was something wrong when even I could beat them :) Now they whip my arse just like on every other track!

Reactions: PieterN and Gringo
Apr 29, 2008
Patrick Giranthon updated Barbagallo (V8 Supercars) with a new update entry:

Big update

Hi guys.

New version here :
- new trees according to some sat maps
- new gras shaders
- new crowd
- new loading screen by denis (game in V8 supercars folder)
- real time shadows
- gravel/grass transition (what a pain it was, grass mesh soooo strange)
- new AIW and cam by Gringo

Thanks also to Thierry who helped me for the .scn

I am not totally happy with the road mapping near the finish line but I think it will be ok...
Read the rest of this update entry...

Yves Larose

10000RPM
Premium
May 28, 2008
nice work just one thing, the pits entry is at the wrong place they use the one after the final turn ;)

Dirtnz

1RPM
Jul 24, 2015
Tracks looking great as always Patrick loving the new additions thanks for all the time and effort ;)

Last edited:

muzarati

250RPM
Jan 3, 2010
Nice trees Patrick unfortunately there's a few too many of them? It's quite baron down the bottom but there is a nice view to take in?
My biggest problem with this track is the square corners (Phillip Island suffers the same)
and the randomly placed ripple strips, I think they where some of Richo first works?