Barbagallo Raceway

Tracks Barbagallo Raceway 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
dazzyb2k3 submitted a new resource:

Barbagallo Raceway - Scratch built by Darren Blythe. Fast and furoius Australian track. Famous for V8 Supercars.

Barbagallo%20Promo.png

Barbagallo Raceway V1.2 (RD Version) by Darren Blythe

This is a special Race Department version with RD branded flags to say thanks to Chris and Simon for their support.

Barbagallo Raceway at Wanneroo is Western Australia's only permanent racing circuit and has been operated continuously since 1969. It is most recognized for it's place on the V8 Supercar Calendar...

Read more about this resource...

Hi Guys, :)

I know most of you have this already but as of V1.2 i'm happy for the track to be hosted outside SimHQ motorsports. You guys were first on the list. As a way of saying thanks for your support this is a special RD version with some nice Race Department flags :)

Hope you enjoy it. Thanks to Chris and Simon for their support.

Darren

Fantastic work with this track. The attention to detail is something you just dream of with most mod tracks out there. Sincerely hoping you'll find the time, motivation and what ever you need for another one. And another one. And... ;)

Yeah this is Gold.
The only constructive feedback I can think of from karting on this track was the gradient into "The Basin" around the back was just as steep as the exit.
Superb quality... the rumble strips, the pits, the signage all just great.

The little side roads also mean I can re-live the kart track used on my friend's Bucks night.

Great Job

Thanks Ashley,

It's really nice when i get supportive comments from people who have been there in person. Trying to recreate a track 9000 miles away when there's very little technical data available was quite a challenge. I know it's not 100% perfect but that's really had to achieve without first hand experience and/or accurate geo data so i tried hard to recreate the fun and excitement of racing here.

It's always been one of my favorite Aussie tracks (you guys have so many great ones) Calder park is another hidden gem that is on my shortlist. :)

Great recreation of my home track, the detail is very high quality and the track is very close to the real thing, only 3 things I could see, that if altered, would make it 100% accurate.
1) The small rise on the main straight does not exist, the start finish straight is flat.
2) Turn 6 or the bowl as it's locally known is slightly banked about 10-15 degrees.
3) The curbs are way too high & aggressive, the curbs on the track are quit subtle.
In case your wondering how I know this, I'm a volunteer flag marshal for the WFMA (Wanneroo Flag Marshal Association), I also officiate for Drift West events held at Barbagallo, and Ive run laps here at several drive days, and in my XR8.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 153 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.8%