Tracks Bannochbrae best setup

Bannochbrae byReboot is absolutely mindblowing. You have to play this track with VR. The street lights coming on at night is incredible.

Set Sol to full thunderstorm and absolutely flood the track. Keep winds low. Set your time to night. Drive and park under the aqueduct (bridge) where you are safe from the rain. Turn your headlights off, open your driver door and physically step out of your racing rig.

Things to note in this exact space:

1) The rain pouring down from the edges of the bridge above
2) The lighting setup within this bridge area.
3) The way that lighting hits the road sign just ahead. Having your lights on throws off that balance
4) The other cars racing through and spraying water into your otherwise dry area

. Just incredible. The visuals when setup correctly are truly incredible.

In addition, I also recommend setting the date to July 30, 2021. You get a beautiful sunrise. By noon you can also see the moon during the day while also seeing the sun. At dusk I have a deep moon rising from west to east gradually changing color as it eventually reaches its apex. I have made endless adjustments to my Sol configuration to get everything exactly the way I want it.

This specific date also works well on Highlands; both are in Scotland.

Thank you for this. I am a VR user as well and also love the Bannochbrae track. The only trouble I might run into is re-activating rain as I am currently using the latest version of Custom Shaders Patch which doesn't have working rain at the moment. I will give it a shot though.

Bannochbrae byReboot is absolutely mindblowing. You have to play this track with VR. The street lights coming on at night is incredible.

Set Sol to full thunderstorm and absolutely flood the track. Keep winds low. Set your time to night. Drive and park under the aqueduct (bridge) where you are safe from the rain. Turn your headlights off, open your driver door and physically step out of your racing rig.

Things to note in this exact space:

1) The rain pouring down from the edges of the bridge above
2) The lighting setup within this bridge area.
3) The way that lighting hits the road sign just ahead. Having your lights on throws off that balance
4) The other cars racing through and spraying water into your otherwise dry area

. Just incredible. The visuals when setup correctly are truly incredible.

In addition, I also recommend setting the date to July 30, 2021. You get a beautiful sunrise. By noon you can also see the moon during the day while also seeing the sun. At dusk I have a deep moon rising from west to east gradually changing color as it eventually reaches its apex. I have made endless adjustments to my Sol configuration to get everything exactly the way I want it.

This specific date also works well on Highlands; both are in Scotland.
You are so right...and love these settings at Bannochbrae. Actual racing is only half the fun of AC as it is now, thanks to CSP and SOL and amazing circuits/environs like this. There are so many details to explore, especially with walkabout mode. You're just continually amazed, and it seems you're always discovering something new you hadn't noticed before. Another of my favorite circuits for mood, lighting, and detail (in addition to great competition) is Napoli. Absolutely superb. And of course, all these details and effects enhance the racing experience a hundredfold.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back