Banned from AC forums, anyone have experienced this?

< Mod Edit: Please be advised that it is in breach of RD ToS to use insulting or derogatory terms. Post cleaned.>

Hello all, i'm banned from AC forum for more than one month now. As an active member since the beggining and with more than 1000 messages i feel shocked with that kind of attitude from them. <snip>

Has this happened to anyone? I agree maybe that they should permanently ban you if you were kind of disrespectful or insult anyone, which was not the case. I got banned until now just because people were asking on forum for MP improvements (more than acceptable) and all i've done was quote a message <snip> and used a funny ironic image related to what he was saying THAT WAS CLEARLY A LIE!! From that moment on, as it was admitted by Lord Kunos himself, he went on a ban strike and several people were banned... until now.

Well, maybe i would accept a week suspension because now i know AC forums staff can't accept critics anymore (they're rich now) and became a dictatorial regime that can only be populated by fanboys or "yes" sheeps...

The image was this...

Ray Liotta Laughing In Goodfellas.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, the joke I found funny that gave me a warning basically went as such (during a discussion about how AC was way, way too forgiving once things went sideways, especially at high speed):
"AC is like penis enlargement pills, but for pretend drifters"

The guy who wrote that got banned, and I got a warning for laughing. Yay.

And when there are guys like Empty Box who get paid to make such reviews state their opinions I believe they're not even 1/3rd of the way where they could be.
o_O I'm pretty sure that's not true, he buys all the games/content he reviews. Other than maybe the few cases where GSC sent him some betas, which he mentions in those videos, there's really nothing preferential going on.

Lets look it from another prism, Kunos implemented some parameters that were pointed by Virtua Simulazioni modding group, and after that has been updated to the game, is the game less realistic now?

I've seen this mentioned somewhere else as well ... the fact that they add a feature that was requested doesn't mean that the game is necessary better, because you have always to fit data in and if you don't use realistic values, the outcome won't be realistic either ... So technically speaking, the game might be more realistic with new alghorims, but at the end it depends on how do you use it.

Regarding the topic itself, I do think that the game became way more popular than what did they expect, and probably they weren't ready to deal with the criticism that comes from every popular game. It's easy to spot this seeing certain attitudes from their side, like how did they deal the RD open letter in private months ago, or how they asked to certain VS members to tell us to "stop being negative or..." when at the end of the day they have fixed/improved/added most of the stuff that we have reported (kudos to them for that though).

I guess that the consoles version isn't far and the last thing they want is to see their potential customers seeing that some of their selling points aren't that strong after all in popular sites (doesn't matter if negative or positive, but still popular) like PRC, or even in their own forum. But I could be wrong, of course.

Last edited:
As much as I think some individuals have earned their ban through consistent douchebaggery, I also think the announcement recently is about making things look all perfect at camp Kunos prior to the console release, and doesn't leave a good taste in the mouth.

Kunos will need to hire extra mods when the console version releases. If they think the PC Sim racing community is "toxic", wait till they experience a large majority of the console community

I think the point has been missed by a significant margin. The restaurant analogy has been beaten to death by now and few seem to get it, so let's put it into another context closer to home.

There are a couple of ways to make a post about Racedepartments premium membership policy:

1. I don't agree with it, but they have to fund the servers (gaming and forum) somehow. They could rely on donations but that will likely not attract enough cash to fund them entirely. Still, it's their choice to go as big as they are and it's my opinion that they shouldn't be charging people to play on their servers a la iRacing. I won't pay to play on their servers but at the same time respect the fact that others think it's a good idea and prefer it like that, or at least don't mind it.

2. The guys at Racedepartment are a bunch of scrounging thieves who couldn't organize a piss up in a brewery and have the cheek to charge people to use their crappy servers, which are always empty and not worth bothering about!!!!! And the sheep that do pay?!?!?! LOSERS all of them!!!!
***picture of something witty but offensive***

Which one of the above is likely to get me banned from the forum?

Of course there is a 3rd alternative:
3. Say nothing.

Aris, has every right to ban whomever he chooses. They fund the forum and neither charge for the use of it, nor ask for donations to use it. Is it really too much for him to ask people to be civilized towards them and each other?

But there's something quite bewildering about forums and the internet in general.....
I'm a guy with manners and education, well, maybe not on forums...
Why?
What makes it ok to act like an uneducated, ill-mannered animal on a forum, whilst at the same time think it's completely unacceptable IRL? Isn't this real life? Aren't the people you talk to on forums real? Or are there really that many keyboard warriors still trawling the internet? I thought that was a thing of the past.

Anyway, have a good Christmas break everyone.
Peace.

PS

Last edited:
They created too much hype and expectations around their game and people is starting to wonder that maybe the developers weren't as good as they thought because they are not able to deliver really basic features and elemental physics behaviors.

I remember Stefano on his streams struggling and getting frustrated to just implement a proper DRS system, soft lock to work, and a bunch more of things that end up half added or just abandoned (Most of the game feels like that, with half added stuff). So what could you expect if you ask them to introduce more complicated features? I would say it's a miracle what they got so far. This got too big for them and I'm pretty sure they are just wishing to finish the console version and leave AC as it is because they cannot handle their own software and neither the criticism.

They created too much hype and expectations around their game and people is starting to wonder that maybe the developers weren't as good as they thought because they are not able to deliver really basic features and elemental physics behaviors.

I remember Stefano on his streams struggling and getting frustrated to just implement a proper DRS system, soft lock to work, and a bunch more of things that end up half added or just abandoned (Most of the game feels like that, with half added stuff). So what could you expect if you ask them to introduce more complicated features? I would say it's a miracle what they got so far. This got too big for them and I'm pretty sure they are just wishing to finish the console version and leave AC as it is because they cannot handle their own software and neither the criticism.
I don't think this is a fair assessment at all. Stefano got frustrated at work, who doesn't? You're getting to see a process, most processes involve a lot of failure before you get it right. I'd never want a camera pointed at me while I'm working, I don't even like someone standing behind me when I'm working.

From a marketing point of view there's no such thing as too much hype, I also don't think they created all that much hype, we created the hype, all Kunos did was show us pictures, plans and videos. We went off and created the hype and that's probably why people had so much disappointment, because rather than wait and see what the game is actually like they just started making a load of assumptions and had a load of expectations based on nothing more than a picture and a development plan.

Kunos made a load of money and if they were that way inclined they could have headed off into the sunset with the money. Instead they've continued to improve the game to meet the expectations of people that weren't around when they set out their plan for the game. They've further increased their involvement with the game by developing it for consoles.

To be honest I can't say I've been as happy or entertained by any other product I've bought. I've gotten so many hours of entertainment, and I'm confident that if I stick with this software it'll get better and better.

No it's not perfect, it's not all things to all people and it probably never will be, but it's great fun and worth every penny.

Agreed 100%. Been saying this for a while now, the whole project was just too much for them and now they've hit the road block.

Kunos made a load of money and if they were that way inclined they could have headed off into the sunset with the money. Instead they've continued to improve the game to meet the expectations of people that weren't around when they set out their plan for the game. They've further increased their involvement with the game by developing it for consoles.

Huh?
Walk away from something that has gone mainstream.
Even they admit they didn't see the success coming when they released early access.

They sold something like 280,000 copies on Steam to date.

From browsing the main forum they are constantly adding new people several modders are now staff.
Out sourcing modelling to URD etc.

They are expanding which is good thing but to me it seems they are biting more than they can chew.

Working with 505 Games to put the game on consoles was a bad call. The moment you bring in a publisher (with a poor track record), you start playing by a very different set of rules.

And who in their right mind would buy this on consoles in the first place?

Forza 6 has a fully functional custom livery editor where dudes will spend all day drawing naked anime girls out of shapes and gradients. In Assetto Corsa, you cannot pick the color of your car online. Does anyone genuinely believe the console masses will think AC is somehow a better option? The only guys I see playing it are guys who want to feel "above" others because a marketing campaign told em it's more hardcore than Gran Turismo.

Project Cars was a failure. NASCAR drivers were literally sitting in their undies ripping on SMS on Twitter it was so bad. Kunos is going to offer an equally buggy game with LESS to do than in pCars. Not only that, they now have the audacity to whine to everybody that "dey hurt our foo foos" even as guys are busting open the DLC and seeing with their own eyes the new pack was a quick and dirty cash grab with none of the TL&C that made people fall in love with AC.

I mean the speed at which this unwravelled was crazy. Six months ago Kunos could do no wrong and the crazy AI glitch videos were allegedly the work of a lone madman. Fast forward to present day and everything has been flipped on its head.

What's especially hilarious is that Kunos knew we were leaking bits and pieces of info to our readers warning them of this disaster, and instead of proving us wrong by pushing out a solid game, Kunos proved our "made up news" (lol) to be correct.

In Assetto Corsa, you cannot pick the color of your car online.
Let's set this one straight shall we? You need to start making the distinction because I've seen you repeat this phrase about 20 times and it's not entirely correct. I know you love to mention it in your blog because it simply adds to the pot of negativity and gets more people to flood the comments with how "AC HAS ZERO SIMULATION VALUE" and all that rubbish, but if you care even the tiniest bit about truthful reporting, then you'd at least mention that your statement is only half of the story.

If the server is in booking mode, then yes, you absolutely can choose the colour of your car, and you can choose whichever car you like irrespective of how many cars are on the server.

If the server is in pickup mode, then there are a pre-determined number of each car on the server and each one has a set skin. So in this instance, yes you are correct that you cannot choose your skin. You can only choose your skin if you are added to the servers entry list prior to the server being booted. Which I agree is not a great aspect. Personally I am not a fan of pick up mode.

A simple message to the event organizer here on RD and we'll have you pre-booked in the car and skin that you would like to use with no trouble at all :) If you're racing on a public server, well then there's usually nothing you can do about that.

Last edited:
Working with 505 Games to put the game on consoles was a bad call. The moment you bring in a publisher (with a poor track record), you start playing by a very different set of rules.
What rules are they? 505 is the publisher but Kunos is still in the driver's seat as far as I'm aware.

And who in their right mind would buy this on consoles in the first place?
PCars was developed for significantly less than $10 million. Far less staff and a smaller scope for AC so I think we can safely conclude we're talking less than $5million. How many units need to be sold to cover all the market, distribution, development etc? 500,000 @$30? Seems a pretty meagre goal to me.

Forza 6 has a fully functional custom livery editor where dudes will spend all day drawing naked anime girls out of shapes and gradients. In Assetto Corsa, you cannot pick the color of your car online. Does anyone genuinely believe the console masses will think AC is somehow a better option? The only guys I see playing it are guys who want to feel "above" others because a marketing campaign told em it's more hardcore than Gran Turismo.
So you've surveyed the feelings of everyone who plays this game to make that determination? Can I get a link to your data please?

Project Cars was a failure. NASCAR drivers were literally sitting in their undies ripping on SMS on Twitter it was so bad. Kunos is going to offer an equally buggy game with LESS to do than in pCars. Not only that, they now have the audacity to whine to everybody that "dey hurt our foo foos" even as guys are busting open the DLC and seeing with their own eyes the new pack was a quick and dirty cash grab with none of the TL&C that made people fall in love with AC.
A failure how? They sold 1 million units in a month. Presumably that $40-50million on a less than $10million investment. How is that a failure? What exactly is a cash grab anyway? I see this term bandied about on the internet like it has some special meaning. The DLC is available, if you like it buy it, if you don't, don't. I fail to see any cash grab here. Most of us have jobs and income so spending the cost of a couple of pints in the pub for hours and hours of additional enjoyment seems a relative bargain to me. One trip to the loo and a nap and those pints are gone forever, but the DLC is here to stay.

I mean the speed at which this unwravelled was crazy. Six months ago Kunos could do no wrong and the crazy AI glitch videos were allegedly the work of a lone madman. Fast forward to present day and everything has been flipped on its head. What's especially hilarious is that Kunos knew we were leaking bits and pieces of info to our readers warning them of this disaster, and instead of proving us wrong by pushing out a solid game, Kunos proved our "made up news" (lol) to be correct.
I don't see any unravelling. I see people who like the guys at Kunos, much like they like the guys at Reiza and some other devs, and are willing to jump on the train in support of them. Never underestimate how much support and patience gamers will give to developers that they like. Witness the debacle at SMS since the game launched to see what happens when you aren't well liked.
The game isn't perfect, it's nowhere near complete and there's a long ways to go and I don't know of a single person who thinks otherwise. Most of us enjoy the driving and the racing when we get a chance but we are not blind to the faults that the game has, we just think that so far the good outweighs the bad and we enjoy our time in the game such as it is. If that's "wheels coming off", I'll take that any day, as a dev or as a consumer.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back