PC1 Banned for no reason!

I'm a moderator at NoGrip and moderate according to the rules set out by the site owners.

I still have to see the first person who thought it fair having been banned from a forum. People awlays think that they did nothing wrong and they have freedom of speech and that the moderators are nazis all that, while more often than not they were misbehaving and showing no respect to other forum members. Forums, and especially the WMD forums, aren't democracies, you have to stick to the (behavioural) ruls set out by the people who run the show. Same here, at RD I'm simply a member and I have to behave correctly, I shoudn't call people names if I disagree etc.

Well thank god you don't have a financial interest here. That's all I will say. You are biased in so may ways. It's embarrassing. You should not be a moderator on nogrip unless you can prove you are neutral. Moderators are supposed to be moderate and to moderate fairly. Perhaps you don't understand that principle?

S2U is a sim in the literal meaning of the word, just not a very good one concerning tyre physics as they were deliberately compromised by the devs given publisher demands and development deadlines.

Oh, just tyre physics, funny how I can get FVA, GSC, Iracing, rf2, GTR EVO, Dirt2/3 to work fine with my wheels, but not Shift1/2.
S2U didn't have the driving model{nor did drift1 aka shift1} the steering precision or the quality of FFB to qualify as anything but a simcade game, a botched one with numerous problems beyond the physics, in fact, S2U is my biggest disappointment in gaming.
But to be sure, it's messy turd and anyone wanting credibility amongst sim players should ensure references to it reflect the poor state it's in.

But rejoice, now that EA's out the way, the SMS crowd can create the ultimate sim.

Lol Not sure I ever called anyone names, or called anyone a liar or anything really? I didnt realise the WMD forum was a working part of teh job, so I accept that. But I would never have played the game again anyway so I dont really give a damn.

I just complained about the quality of a new sort of game, called into question the legality of peoples laptimes (which was not to say they were lying, more how on earth can you lap that quick with game physics this dire) and talked about another game in, er a part of the forum where you talk about other games!

The reason for a ban on nogrip seems to be only because one person is emphatically involved with that firm and didn't like me telling that story, just remove the bloody thread, no need ban me? Jeez

I dont know, some people when they become mods, you can even imagine them sitting typing with a dayglo NCP jacket on.

Move on please

Guys this thread is turning ugly. No need to get personal with people. If you wish to discuss Project CARS feel free to do so just like you can discuss your views on any other sim but stay on topic.

When opening a new thread stick to the subject please.

Funny.. i posted the quoted part i posted on page 1 and mods edited it out on VirtualR.

The owner, Montoya is now affiliated with CARS so he will edit out comments that goes against the painted picture of what CARS are.

If it was a sim with driving aids, genuine DX11 gfx, plenty of cars and tracks, what could there be to complain about?
I have a very bad feeling this will Shift3, ie, a bad game by various criteria but still acceptable to the casual crowd who never seem to notice any faults.

Jep and therefore they are all games :) Ask Vettel and Webber if they have steeringassists, spin recovery, traction control on their RBR simulators at RBR headquaters :)

Nothing wrong with games btw, its what brought most of us here together

Nah, just my criteria :) There is still so much left to simulate (driver stamina, wind, g-forces, concentration, PR, technical knowledge, etc).

Its just a matter of semantics I think. As long as we enjoy what we do thats enough right :) Everybody has their own criteria / expectations what the definition of simulation is.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 257 13.4%