rF2 Banger @ Various Tracks - Monday 9th March 2009

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww i missed it:( im soo p***** off that rF decided NOT to work yesterday! and i cant fix it! Really fancied this!

You did miss a quality night Mr Parr. We were all asking after you :nod: And we didn't take the p*** at all.
Combine Harvesters would have been too slow for the tracks. The fig 8 would have crippled you with the turning circle that is has :pound:

There is always next time :nod:

Also, you might want to edit the swearing out of your post :wink:

• Kieran Mcgeachy

Yeh was absaloutely BANGING fun, thanks to RD and Ramon for the brilliant event

You did miss a quality night Mr Parr. We were all asking after you :nod: And we didn't take the p*** at all.
Combine Harvesters would have been too slow for the tracks. The fig 8 would have crippled you with the turning circle that is has :pound:

There is always next time :nod:

Also, you might want to edit the swearing out of your post :wink:

LOL sorry just ive been re-installing the game for 4 hours now and im really annoyed with it! have tried everything!

Sorry for my bad language :(

Sorry ... did not mean to detract from the fun of this one, cos it really was a laugh ...
My post was also with reference to a couple of other things I tried again quickly yesterday, felt dizzy/sick after just a couple of laps which I never get with Evo ... will post something elsewhere to see if we can get it sorted, and so we can continue to let the good feelings roll in this thread :dance:

My race report from Banger racing:

Practice
The practice was going well. I could do some nice laptimes. Was looking forwards to the qualify with confidence.
Only some minor issues with backmarkers on track, but I could just drive around.

Qualify
Qualify end-result was not bad. I was second on the grid. During qualify I could not do a clear lap, always other drivers in front of me and some of them were a bit rude tbh. Behave yourself next time! Its RD, not a public server.

Heats
In the first heat of the night I was driving it seriously and was leading almost whole race. Shame the backmarkers did not watch their mirrors and I had to evade them badly. Some of them even touched me.
In between the heats my mechanics had lots of work repairing my car for the next one.
Started Heat 2 from the back and was on target. Could drive all the way to P2, but I was angry. Lots of bad driving on track. For some reason it felt like I was a target for some other drivers.
From Heat 3+ I decided to join the party of seriously uncool driving with some pleasure :)

It was banger time...... only ini heat 5 and 6 the other drivers started to coorporate with each other to target the leaders of the field. Nice job :)
I was taken out badly :)

I enjoyed the fun, especially with 30+ drivers on track and 20 on TeamSpeak. Btw, someone's phone is still ringing in my head :)

See you on the next Banger which might be announced shortly with an interesting format :)

what a laugh that was! the screams on TS of "X has an undamaged car! HIT HIM!" "Wheres Gary?" "Ok, all target Bram" etc... were great fun. it was like a pack of lions targeting a gazzle with a limp. this was especially noted in the last heat when ramon was running away with the race then taken out by the hungry pack. :D

had a "tactic" of sitting on the brake at the green light causing chaos behind as everyone rammed into each other. was great fun looking in the mirror at carnage :D

funniest part I had was on the fig8 circuit. 3 wide heading for the right hand entry to the fig8, i bumped the car next to me putting him onto the grass which of course launched him somewhat.

now i'm off to virtual hospital for my virtual whiplash. :)

nice change to the normal racing and a great stress buster!!!

nb: I still cannot believe there was 31 cars!

Sorry ... did not mean to detract from the fun of this one, cos it really was a laugh ...
My post was also with reference to a couple of other things I tried again quickly yesterday, felt dizzy/sick after just a couple of laps which I never get with Evo ... will post something elsewhere to see if we can get it sorted, and so we can continue to let the good feelings roll in this thread :dance:

Which camera view was it?

• Andrew Evans

was pretty amusing stuff... think i'd had enough by the end though :D

personally, i'd like to see this done with no rules... more of a last man standing event than an actual race... but cheers for the event, kids... :thumb:

what an absolutely fantastic nights entertainment :clap:

having done simular events before i expected there to be good interest, but 31 drivers just blew my expectations away and even after the checked flag dropped we just kept smashing into each other which showed everyone fully enjoyed the chance to let normal racing rules go out the window and just have lots and lots of fun :dance2:

highlights of the night have to be Buxton getting pole for race 1 :highfive:

and the final heat at Hednesford, i was running 2nd and 3 laps behind Ramon and after calls on TS to GO GET HIM soon payed of, as i passed ramon while on his roof, then the baying pack realised that i was leading but i managed to beet ramon by about 1 tenth :laugh2:

• Matt Crouch

would be good to do a last man standing destruction derby bowl style thing, reminds me of the old dd games where you would do x races with points for position and points for spinning people, and then a bowl with lots of points for the last man standing

would be good to do a last man standing destruction derby bowl style thing, reminds me of the old dd games where you would do x races with points for position and points for spinning people, and then a bowl with lots of points for the last man standing

nice idea, i remember Destruction Derby on the PS.

2 main problems is there isen`t any bowl type tracks for rF and how would you calculate the points for spinning cars?

although i now nothing about track building i would guess it should be to hard to make a bowl type track.

• Matt Crouch

yeh I think you can forget the points thing cause I don't think it's possible :nod:

• Kieran Mcgeachy

Yeh that would be cool, if only there was a bowl!! last nite 31 people awesome describes that. Wonder how many people would turn up for destruction derby

• Matt Crouch

I'm not sure what you mean... that's how I normally drive in RD events :confused: :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 160 7.8%