Balloon Fiesta add-on for almost any track

Misc Balloon Fiesta add-on for almost any track 13.11.19 (Nov 19)

Login or Register an account to download this content
Mascot submitted a new resource:

Balloon Fiesta add-on for almost any track - One new dynamic blimp and thirty new dynamic balloons with randomised starting positions

This will add 30 new unique balloon models and a new Fujifilm blimp to any track in Assetto Corsa, including dynamic object configs for each model. Both the balloons and blimp will start in slightly random positions and move slowly over time.
Balloon models are small and simple so you shouldn't notice any effect on your frame rates.
If it's worth doing, then it's worth over-doing.
Thanks once again to Tberg/Lilski for the blimp model.
Best observed in an open-topped vehicle during the day...

Read more about this resource...

@Sporadik

Bernese Alps checks out fine - the track datum must be reasonably high. :)

Screenshot_legion_vuhl_05rr_alps_13-11-119-18-38-47.jpg

Screenshot_legion_vuhl_05rr_alps_13-11-119-18-45-46.jpg

Last edited:
been enjoying adding these to tracks this afternoon, i haven't noticed, and perhaps a challenge for you... can you take the flame from a car and have it as a burner in the balloon that randomly fires :O_o::geek: i dint know if its possible considering the variables to make the backfire flames.

been enjoying adding these to tracks this afternoon, i haven't noticed, and perhaps a challenge for you... can you take the flame from a car and have it as a burner in the balloon that randomly fires :O_o::geek: i dint know if its possible considering the variables to make the backfire flames.
Interesting idea! Not sure if it's possible with dynamic models though. I'll ask around.

Balloons can be made to flare as if burners are being fired, but adding the actual flame itself could be a pretty nice detail.

I was going to write "That's my blimp-model!", before I saw your thanks. So now I'll just write: you're welcome!
:p
Ah, cool - glad you're OK with it. I checked with Lilski and he said the blimp model was yours but he thought you'd left the modding scene but that you'd be happy if credited. I was sure I'd dropped you a direct note about it quite a while ago but can't find evidence of it here. Maybe on another forum?
Anyway, glad you're cool with it being appropriated and thanks again.
:thumbsup:

Ah, cool - glad you're OK with it. I checked with Lilski and he said the blimp model was yours but he thought you'd left the modding scene but that you'd be happy if credited. I was sure I'd dropped you a direct note about it quite a while ago but can't find evidence of it here. Maybe on another forum?
Anyway, glad you're cool with it being appropriated and thanks again.
:thumbsup:

Yeah, I'm out but still scouting now and then :thumbsup:

bpLIUSn.jpg

Is that enough for you? They don't seem to be drifting around though so must be something I've broken in my attempts to get 1000 of em in the sky.
I've just got back home and it's late so probably won't have a chance to test this until tomorrow, but it looks just as crazy as I imagined...! :roflmao:
The balloons are set to move quite slowly so you might not notice it. I didn't want them all shooting off after a couple of laps.
Top work on the config mate. Still want you face on a balloon? :)

I've just got back home and it's late so probably won't have a chance to test this until tomorrow, but it looks just as crazy as I imagined...! :roflmao:
The balloons are set to move quite slowly so you might not notice it. I didn't want them all shooting off after a couple of laps.
Top work on the config mate. Still want you face on a balloon? :)

To be immortalised forever on a balloon at Spa or LA Canyons...you bet lol. I'll sort one out later ;)

That is brilliant. I never knew a racing sim could make me laugh so much. Now I'm thinking "the skies the limit" Shall we try for a million?
Why stop at a million..?
;)
It's actually quite trippy driving under a canopy of 1,000 balloons in an open-topped car in VR. You can really sense the mass of this huge canopy floating above you.
Fun exercise - thanks for helping!

Screenshot_legion_ariel_atom_v8_spa_21-11-119-12-1-39.jpg

Why stop at a million..?
;)
It's actually quite trippy driving under a canopy of 1,000 balloons in an open-topped car in VR. You can really sense the mass of this huge canopy floating above you.
Fun exercise - thanks for helping!

View attachment 335516

No worries, can't believe it's actually worked out so well and looks really good. Yeah I bet it's mad in VR. Unfortunately I haven't gone down that route yet but I'm still finding myself pulling up at the side of the track to stare at all the wondrous balloons above me. Isle of Man was a funny track to try it out and to see a huge cloud of balloons hovering ominously in the distance :roflmao: If you need any more help with scripts give me a shout as i think my mate secretly enjoyed writing something a bit different to his normal boring coding stuff.

Balloon Fiesta add-on for almost any track - One new dynamic blimp and thirty new dynamic balloons with randomised starting positions

Great app - Lots of Fun!
How do I determine track datums to move balloon locations?
Thanks

How do we randomly spread these out on a larger map? KS_Highlands is my actual question. When I load in the balloons they are essentially all grouped together and only comprise 1% of the entire sky for the map

The default lines are

[DYNAMIC_OBJECT_31]
PROBABILITY=100
MULT=1,1
FILE=bal_breitling.kn5
POS_MODE=RANDOM
RND_POS_CENTER=-319.09, 104.87, 93.99
RND_POS_RANGE=100,10,80
VEL_MODE=RANDOM
RND_VEL_BASE=0.2,0.2,0.2
RND_VEL_RANGE=0.1,0,0.1

Is there any adjustments to a) make them move slightly faster than glacial? b) spread them randomly across an entire map?

Lots of fun to play with! Thanks

How do we randomly spread these out on a larger map? KS_Highlands is my actual question. When I load in the balloons they are essentially all grouped together and only comprise 1% of the entire sky for the map

The default lines are

[DYNAMIC_OBJECT_31]
PROBABILITY=100
MULT=1,1
FILE=bal_breitling.kn5
POS_MODE=RANDOM
RND_POS_CENTER=-319.09, 104.87, 93.99
RND_POS_RANGE=100,10,80
VEL_MODE=RANDOM
RND_VEL_BASE=0.2,0.2,0.2
RND_VEL_BASE=0.1,0,0.1

Is there any adjustments to a) make them move slightly faster than glacial? b) spread them randomly across an entire map?

Lots of fun to play with! Thanks
For bigger tracks you can try increasing the first and third values (X and Y in plan, the middle value is height) for the RND_POS_RANGE field, ie from the example above:
RND_POS_RANGE=1500,10,1000
This should increase the 'spread' of the starting position randomiser. Values are in metres, so 1500 = a maximum of 1.5km in one random direction, giving a maximum theoretical spread of 3km at the extremes of the randomiser. Adjust these figures to suit the size of the track, allowing a bigger spread (maybe 1km more?) than the plan size of the track. You don't need to be exact, +/- 500m will probably do, so sensible guesswork should do. You can enter pretty big values for small tracks.

To speed the balloons up either increase RND_VEL_BASE (base speed in metres/second, a positive middle value is upwards) or increase RND_VEL_RANGE slightly to increase the randomiser.
(Looks like you copied the last field incorrectly from the models.ini that I supplied, the last field should be:
RND_VEL_RANGE=0.1,0,0.1)

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 75 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.5%