Resource icon

Tracks baku_16 1.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
dpeters95 submitted a new resource:

baku_16 - Baku City Circuit 2016

Baku City Circuit was home to the 2016 European Formula 1 Grand Prix. This track is a conversion from the rFactor2 track created by dix-racing.pl. The track is accurate with the exception of any height changes in the western most portion of the track.

dix-racing.pl has given me written permission for the conversion and distribution of this track.

Installation:

1) Unzip the archive
2) copy the baku_16 folder to your "steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks" folder

Enjoy

by...

Read more about this resource...

dpeters95 updated baku_16 with a new update entry:

baku_16 v1.2

Update includes a new track surface and numerous other texture changes! I also tried to increase the number of pit positions but it was just too tight of a squeeze. There is only one spot for both team cars in real life so without substantially lengthening the pit garage, it is just too hard to get 2 cars in front of the same pit stall area when driving the car into the pit.

Read the rest of this update entry...

"Reduced overall brightness and eliminated the material washout effect."
Well, I just tried the 1.2 version and that's still there, a lot of the textures are very bright, washed out and the colours are off - the pits are pretty much just white, many of the walls are hard to judge because they're just bleached into white, Rolex adverts are cyan, the red in the Azerbaijan flag magenta...
baku.jpg

Either way, with some more work this could perhaps become a decent track for a street circuit, they're not exactly easy to do. It seems like a decent start. =]

Thanks. If you think it is bright now, you should have seen it in the first version. It was, as one reviewer said, like an atomic bomb just went off. The brightness may seem bright to you but it is greatly reduced. And when I said washed out, I mean the objects were so blurry that the buildings looked like water colors. It may not be as dark as you would like but the materials are very sharp and defined now compared to the original version. This is a conversion track from RF2 so a lot of things you mention are a result of that. I can make it darker but it does not look that bright on my screen. For example, the UBS banner on the left wall is very bright in your capture. Maybe the weather and HDR settings are contributing? I'll see if others find it too bright. I will also take a look at the flag colors to see if I can do something to make them more authentic. Thanks for the input.

I did try the first version you uploaded and saw how bright it was, I just tried it again with the 1.2 update to give my feedback above, and as I said it's still completely off. Colours can always vary a bit since consumer monitors rarely are calibrated for colours but I haven't seen any other AC mod where this occurs as extreme as with this one. I've tried several different official cars (that should only affect cockpit exposure) and different post-processing presets (my saturation and exposure game settings are both at standard 100%) but typically it should never affect the materials/textures/colours like this.

Not trying to be overly critical here, just giving some feedback and I think this issue must be either somewhere on your end or is potentially a bug on this PC. But considering it was extremely bright for everyone to begin with... Anyway, good luck with the track. It's not a bad start, there's lots of detail already there.

I tried this last night and I agree with everything @Epistolarius said. Also shadows from buildings and trees are completely black.

I'm using good&bad weather mod and every other track, including mods, looks fine.

Base has potential but at the current state I have to label it as unplayable. But please don't give up, I'm sure you will get there.

Hi, tried your track the other day, the far end of the track just seems totally wrong to me. Doesn't matter how much work you put into this it would be like polishing a turd. Sorry to be so harsh but it's true. Think you should move onto another project that's worth it.

Hi, tried your track the other day, the far end of the track just seems totally wrong to me. Doesn't matter how much work you put into this it would be like polishing a turd. Sorry to be so harsh but it's true. Think you should move onto another project that's worth it.

I have other projects going on but this conversion was something I wanted to do since we don't have another option out there right now for this track. I really hope someone builds one from scratch and does a good job of it! In the meantime, I have made what changes I could make and will post a new version. I can't make it perfect because of the way it is built. Many of the materials are tied together and used in many different areas. If I drop some areas in brightness, I get total darkness in other areas. Oh well, this is probably my last update because there is just not much more I can change and although not the greatest, it's the best I can get it with what I have to work with. Thanks for the input.

baku_16 v1.3

I have made what changes I could make to try and further reduce overall brightness and to correct the flag colors in the runoff areas of the track. I can't make it perfect because of the way it was originally built. Many of the materials are tied together and used in many different areas around the track and the city. If I drop some areas in brightness, I get total darkness in other areas. If all the materials were created individually, I could improve it a lot more. I did what I could...

baku_16 v1.5

Ok, I believe I have corrected the problem with the number of cars actually in the race while the total number is indicated differently. Also fixed the related issue of rogue cars appearing outside
of the track surface. Just let me know if there is still a problem because it's hard for me to test the full compliment of cars because my CPU comes to a crawl with that many cars in the race.

Additionally, a little birdie (Viper) whispered in my ear and gave me a process to further reduce the...

Any work on this track planned for the future? Really enjoying it, but the 'old city' section just seems very very flat compared to the real track. Any plans to add more height elevation?

Otherwise its a great effort! Keep it up :)

Thanks, but since this is a track conversion from RF2, it would be very difficult for me to add elevation changes to the city/track without the original authors data. I would essentially be starting from scratch. So, unfortunately, no. I certainly hope that someone builds a "from scratch" built Baku circuit for Assetto Corsa not to long from now.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 191 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.8%