Bahrain Grand Prix: Driver of the Day - Vote Now!

This reply is in response to apex11 and does not contain a lap by lap breakdown of Vettel's performance (despite it's length :p). Please feel free to skip over this :)

No, this thread has been popular hasn't it, pretty sure RD would be happy to see people posting on here without being ripped apart so consider yourself reported....
Nowhere was i 'butt hurt' about anything...

The poll is above not in the comments section...

You were hardly "ripped apart", in my opinion. Perhaps I could of been more diplomatic with my wording. Maybe 'delicate' or 'sensitive' would of been more appropriate?

Paul Jeffrey said:

"Vote now and leave a comment below!"

I voted "Gasly" and left some comments....

I've quoted your comments and the full text of exactly what Paul was asking for down below. I wouldn't of known you voted for Gasly as you've not hinted that in any of your replies prior to my original comment. There's a general Bahrain GP Discussion (and a Moto GP!) as well as threads floating about, discussing stuff like the halo, you could of instead used to more effect.

I don't think Paul and the writing staff need you to contribute hot takes on how F1 just ain't Moto GP and the Halo doesn't prevent stuff it wasn't actually designed to protect against. Paul asks two questions before he asks for comments, neither of which you answered in your comments (although in fairness both questions are answered by a person's vote). I've always assumed Paul is asking for on-topic replies. He doesn't ask "How did the Halos inabilty to protect a Ferrari pit crew member affect Bottas' race? Leave a comment" etc.

I appreciate topics will often stray off topic but it seemed like you were intent on steering the thread off-topic (which we've now both made worse).

Here's Paul's opening statement and your replies:

In an uneventful Bahrain Grand Prix many drivers stood out against their rivals, but who do you vote as the RaceDepartment Driver of the Day?

With unexpected big points scorers and drivers performing without putting a wheel wrong, many of the grid performed well in the 2018 Bahrain Grand Prix - but the question is who do you think deserves the most plaudits?

Vote now and leave a comment below!

It wasn't that uneventful, for an F1 race it was OK......but then I watched the MotoGP race......

Driver you mean rider? Marquez, yes not his finest day for sure......but man Marc is a wonderful rider.

I guess they will have to change the pit stop rules now no? They give the drivers a halo but then a mechanic gets his leg snapped in half literally... doesn't look good does it..

Also did anyone see the bit of carbon that spat off a car, it could of easily fitted between the halo and hit a driver still.....

Whilst I probably disagree with you on F1 I'll respect your right to an opinion. And happy to have a discussion on why we differ. But please, can I click on a thread called "driver of the day" and talk about driver performances without having the halo shoe horned into it for no productive reason?

Not wanting to drag this off-topic further, feel free to PM me if you still feel it needs discussing.

Don't mess up with him CMGARAGE, it's a fruitless job, he's got some friends on high places here.
True story. :)
Reporting him does nothing and him reporting you ...well, let's just wait and see.
Though you maybe won't be here to see it. :D

Drivers of the day would be Gasly and Ericsson if not Vettel showing a masterpiece of driving, with rear tyres completely gone.
oh yes it was.
if you could see the last 15 laps on Vettel onbard camera....
This man is gifted.
Forza Ferrari avanti Sebastian, what a great day Sunday was!

Yup definitely Gasly and Honda. Really curieus what their pace wil be next race!

It's pretty clear to see that Honda are a massive and very skilled manufacturer, pretty clear that they came into F1 at a time when Merc were dominating and supplying engines to half the grid, al be it watered down versions of the factory team but still better engines than Honda...
But they were always going to need few seasons to develop it and I think McLaren jumped too soon, they should of stuck with it IMO, they have tested an engine for a season with possibly the greatest natural driver of his generation...and Torro Rosso have got it at a knock down price...

Problem TR have though is Hartly is well out of his depth, yes he can get an F1 car around a track but with that aero and fat slicks of course he can...but he is just not good enough... this will hurt their results..

It's pretty clear to see that Honda are a massive and very skilled manufacturer, pretty clear that they came into F1 at a time when Merc were dominating and supplying engines to half the grid, al be it watered down versions of the factory team but still better engines than Honda...
But they were always going to need few seasons to develop it and I think McLaren jumped too soon, they should of stuck with it IMO, they have tested an engine for a season with possibly the greatest natural driver of his generation...and Torro Rosso have got it at a knock down price...

Problem TR have though is Hartly is well out of his depth, yes he can get an F1 car around a track but with that aero and fat slicks of course he can...but he is just not good enough... this will hurt their results..
Couldn't agree more: McLaren was longing for a 'personal' engine supplier and now they went back to a lesser deal than before: Renault instead of mercedes. Talking of being shortsighted...
Gasly die pretty welk but I also have serious doubts about hartley.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 207 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 265 13.6%