Bahrain & Austin, Texas

Hi All,

After being a long time lurker and downloader I finally have something to share.:)

I have used texture changes to convert Istanbul into a version of Bahrain:-

bahraind.jpg

By reddvers at 2012-03-11

Also I have made texture changes to Korea to make it my version of Circuit of the Americas, Austin, Texas:-

austinp.jpg

These circuits are in no way accurate, they are my versions. The track layouts remain exactly as they were it is just texture changes such as; removing grass & trees, changing ground surface and adverts etc etc. Many changes are subtle and will not be seen unless you take a very slow lap around the circuits.

This "mod" is compatable with Mr.Pibb's Database v3.

If only one person enjoys these changes then that is great. I only messed about for myself and then thought maybe someone else would like to try it.

Included is a new helmet selection screen, just a another attempt at doing something different.

helmets.jpg

Happy to make changes if required.

Reddvers

Download via Mediafire:-

http://www.mediafire.com/?fc1e58a3r8kq3z3

ps. My thanks go to Mr.Pibb, glight and Hill for their encouragement and opinions. They helped me to decide to do more work and then release the mod.

And a big thanks to everyone who has ever made a mod for this game :cool:

:)

Hi Reddvers!

I'm trying to use your mod but in the menu the name of the tracks is still the same. I'm from Spain and the language file is not the one of your mod.

Could you tell me where and how to edit the track names in my spanish language file?

Of course, you have done a very good job! Thanks for your work!

Friday Practice means a couple of changes of my version of Bahrain (yes it is a conversion of Istanbul, think I have already explained that) :)

bahrainv2.jpg

The only changes are texture ones. If you download these changes add them to your Istanbul folder. I have made no changes to any other file(s) so if this is the first time you have seen this conversion please download the original and then add v2 changes.

I am so confused at how many total conversions are out there at the moment I think this is the easiest way to update. If not, I am sure there are some clever people who can help. :cool:

@ Camacho: I am sorry but being English I can only speak and read my own language :redface: I will happily help and will try to contact you soon.

Download via Mediafire:-

http://www.mediafire.com/?uutnd5im3xu03zq

Have fun......................

Reddvers

Can anyone make the project below? I think this is very difficult (I couldn't make that): import hockenheim and bahrein circuits from f1 2010 codemasters. Thank you very much.
Sorry for my very bad English.

I don't think it is possible and if it were someone would have already made such a mod, but worth asking :)

I have re-worked Nurburgring to make it look different and turn it into a version of "HockenheimRing" but I am just not happy with it to release it. Having problems with the ground layout :(

Will try to look at it again.

@ Camacho: I am sorry but being English I can only speak and read my own language :redface: I will happily help and will try to contact you soon.

Reddvers

Thanks friend!
First of all, thanks for the new Bahrain version.
Then, thanks for trying to edit the spanish language file. I have tried to change every 'Istanbul' word into 'Bahrain' word in the "language_spa.lng" but the game crashes when I start it...
I use notepad to edit this file: Is this correct or I have to use another program?

Thanks again for all of your work!

Thanks friend!
First of all, thanks for the new Bahrain version.
Then, thanks for trying to edit the spanish language file. I have tried to change every 'Istanbul' word into 'Bahrain' word in the "language_spa.lng" but the game crashes when I start it...
I use notepad to edit this file: Is this correct or I have to use another program?

Thanks again for all of your work!
Camacho, no uses el bloc de notas, usa una utilidad llamada LNG_editor_v1.0 (fácil de encontrar)

Camacho, don't use notepad, use the utility named LNG_editor_v1.0 (easy to find)

aaaaaaaaaaaaadiós / byyyyyyyye ;-)

Camacho, no uses el bloc de notas, usa una utilidad llamada LNG_editor_v1.0 (fácil de encontrar)

Camacho, don't use notepad, use the utility named LNG_editor_v1.0 (easy to find)

aaaaaaaaaaaaadiós / byyyyyyyye ;-)

Thanks for your help Canastos!

It works fine. Now I have the names correctly. Thanks again. (Muchas gracias compañero. Saludos!).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 148 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 264 13.6%