MGP17 Backwheel steering?

I'm no pro player, but no newbie too. Played every Milstone-bike-sim since first Superbike in 1999 except VR46 (as I don't like VR).

I play in pro mode physics, no helps, manual rider control, helmet view.

Since MGP17 is out I'm wondering if there are more people complaining weird bike physics. Compared to reality Milestone never got it nearly right, but there was more fun. Until MGP17 I could easily control the bike via backwheel steering/sliding, leaving black skid marks.

Since MGP17 that doesn't seem to work anymore. My old setups - good for me in MGP13/14/15 + Ride I/{II} are not working properly. In fact, nothing seems to work better as setup changes do not get me one step further.

Backwheel steering doesn't seem to work, it just doesn't feel like it should, the feeling of traction just seems not right. Even if I turn off the traction control completely there is no chance to bring on a controlled slide. There is just too much traction on the rear wheel and far too little on the front.

I just can't turn into/through fast, long the corners like the KI, it just pushes me out. Braking helps but makes me to slow, trying to slide the bike and push the tail doesn't work (anymore).

I'm frustrated.

Worst thing: looking at the replays I can see myself sliding a lot more than the KI and much more as it feels while riding.

head cam and sliding is not well accomplished. 3rd person is a bit better. but the same things happened to a certain extent in 3rd, when i see the replay i see myself sliding like 60% more than i did during the race

i dont know if there are a few cam mods that might give the feeling. In a review they mentioned that the game in 3rd person gave a much better look and feel than any of the other cams... :(

iv tried many times to embark towards headcam... but it does feel so good... so i always bounce back...

gl

I don't think it is just cam-related. Ride II, MotoGP 15 and all former Milstone-Sims already gave a better feeling than 17. The second thing is, I'm just not fast enough, because I don't get the exits of the corners anywhere near as I like it and know it from 15 or older.

It is just pissing me off that the 17 bikes feel like tons of grip at the backend.

Looking at other sims I wish they change the physics for 18 completely.

I'm no pro player, but no newbie too. Played every Milstone-bike-sim since first Superbike in 1999 except VR46 (as I don't like VR).

I play in pro mode physics, no helps, manual rider control, helmet view.

Since MGP17 is out I'm wondering if there are more people complaining weird bike physics. Compared to reality Milestone never got it nearly right, but there was more fun. Until MGP17 I could easily control the bike via backwheel steering/sliding, leaving black skid marks.

Since MGP17 that doesn't seem to work anymore. My old setups - good for me in MGP13/14/15 + Ride I/{II} are not working properly. In fact, nothing seems to work better as setup changes do not get me one step further.

Backwheel steering doesn't seem to work, it just doesn't feel like it should, the feeling of traction just seems not right. Even if I turn off the traction control completely there is no chance to bring on a controlled slide. There is just too much traction on the rear wheel and far too little on the front.

I just can't turn into/through fast, long the corners like the KI, it just pushes me out. Braking helps but makes me to slow, trying to slide the bike and push the tail doesn't work (anymore).

I'm frustrated.

Worst thing: looking at the replays I can see myself sliding a lot more than the KI and much more as it feels while riding.

You are bang on the money in what you say. For motogp 17 they dumbed the physics down. The evidence of this is in the data.mix file. This is why many enthusiasts have left the game.. It is also why people like myself who have organised and raced in online leagues since 2013 are now interested in the simulation physics mods for motogp 17 which are available via this site. The disadvantage with these excellent physics mods however is that we cannot play online with them..

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 193 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 378 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.7%