Content Manager (Questions & Answers)

Thank you, I will check and revert!

No problem :) I've just checked the launch setting I have so you can compare:

CM Launch Options.jpg

I have a weird issue. I started content manager and it seems it has changed some keyboard keys for keyboard driving. It has changed the change view key from F1 to t key which is also the accelerator. Everytime I press gas the view changes... But I can't change the change view button back to F1 because the F1 function key is also used by content manager to switch between tabs. Does anyone know how to disable the function keys (F1, F2...) off for content manager? In the meantime I'll try manually editing the controls to put the F1 back for the change view but if this keeps happening I'd like to know how to change it inside cm.

Can't change it from file. Cm is over riding it somehow... Is there a way to roll back to older cm version? Got it to work. Adding new key for the change view seems to have reset the F1 key.

Last edited:
Anybody got a solution for turning high-beam headlights on and off.

Here is what is happening to me in the dark:
  • Car starts out in high-beams. So far so good.
  • There is only a high-beams "flash" button in CM as far as I can see, so if you use it the lights stay in high-beams while you press the button.
  • But once I used the flasher button it goes to low-beams and stays there, making the scenario more or less undriveable.

So I need either...
  • .. a high-beams switch that is a toggle switch (on and off) instead of a "flash" pushbutton
  • ... or I need the flasher button to me smarter and return the state to what it was before I used it (which was high-beams, but it leaves it in low beams)

Anybody got a solution for turning high-beam headlights on and off.
In my CM, the standard set for switching High/Low beams is Alt+L and it can be changed in Settings -> Assetto Corsa -> Controls -> Patch. I can't say I ever used it, so no clue if it works and if it does, if every car supports it.

Hail Mary before doing a full re-install of the game..

Solutions tried:
File verify on steam.
Reinstall Content Manager
Reinstall latest shader patch
Delete App Data/Local/ACTools Content Manager

Problem:
Fresh install of mod car (this was all working fine until last night)
Load car in CMshowroom (developer mode) Click to show "driver/crew" all is fine.. Unpack kn5, Load model in ksEditor, save as .kn5 (no changes, just load the model and save it back to a .kn5) Reload in CM, go back into CMshowroom, click to show "driver/crew" and the driver is now missing and the car looks like the interior is missing when looking into it through the windshield/windows? If I scroll all the way into the cockpit it reappears, but from a distance it's like the other side of the car is transparent. Body looks fine from outside.. Car also looks this way if I take it into the game and view replay. Any ideas? Thanks..

So, not sure what's what, but just before I deleted and reinstalled AC, I decided to try and load the .kn5 with 3dsimED3.. I noticed my trial had run out. So, I renew the trial, load the kn5, export fbx.. Load with ksEditor and save back to kn5. Reload car in CMShowroom and all is fine.. So, just for giggles I unpack the kn5 again, this time with CMShowroom (as I was doing above when having the issue) and load it with ksEditor, re-save as kn5 and reload in CMShowroom.. All is fine now. :O_o: Does 3dsimED somehow do some stuff when it's trial runs out that effects AC/CM/etc? I have no clue honestly.. But renewing it's trial seemed to fix whatever was going on with exporting the model with CMShowroom.. Just sayin'.. :cautious: lol Ok, back to making a mess, learning how to model!! :D

When going KN5 to FBX, kseditor needs to see an associated .ini file together with the FBX. It holds all the shader info, object transparency options etc. There’s a good chance you opened the FBX without it, that’s why things got screwed up.

CM (CMshowroom) unpacks the kn5 with an xxx.fbx and xxx.fbx.ini But the problem I was having certainly did feel like a shader issue.. Can't really explain why the driver would be there, then after unpack and repack with ksEditor he'd be missing though? But something was up for sure and no real idea what it was or what fixed it. Other then renewing the trial period on a program I had only used once or twice, 20 days ago..

Hi guys , I'm really exited as I'm finally putting a new system together, what I'm not so exited about is having to re-install Content Manager as it's around 140 gigs compressed. The plan was to just copy all relevant directories to a spare drive, re-install Assetto Corsa through steam, install CM and then just overwrite everything with my backed up files. Can anyone forsee a problem with this or offer any tips advice?
Thanks

I can't start Content Manager up. I click on my usual CM icon to start it up and get a dialogue box that says (where it gives the path to my AC (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa) ) that "acs.exe is missing". And it gives me the opportunity to "Change" the root folder, but the root folder is already the right one.

Nothing's changed since I last used AC or CM.

And I tried to play AC from the Kunos launcher: I can open up the Kunos AC launcher but cannot actually start a race. It just puts me back to the AC launcher.

Oh dear!

Can anyone advise what I should do?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 315 27.7%