AC Back to the Sixties race #5@Feldbergring, Tuesday 2nd November 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
Alfa_Romeo_GTA_Junior_Autodelta_Corsa_%281968%29_Solitude_Revival_2019_IMG_1751.jpg

Porsche-718-RS-60-Spyder_6.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

It's time for the final event of the Back to the Sixties Vintage Car Championship.

We are going to the Feldbergring in mountainous Hessen, Germany. A personal favorite of mine! Another beautiful track from @Fat-Alfie with many height differences and challenging turns. The part through the village has very nice details but also a difficult braking zone. It is a real pleasure to drive through the forest at high speed. But watch out for the last sharp bend at Hegewiese! Chances are you'll be eating straw there!

1200px-Feldberg-Rundrennstrecke.svg.png

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #02 (Available throughout the race week, search for 'racedepart' to find it)
  • Race server: S.GP
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (19:00 UTC) | 1 hour 15 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 BST (20:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 BST (20:40 UTC) | 40 minutes - Race

Event details:
  • Cars: Alfa Romeo GTA/Porsche 718 RS60 Spyder
  • Track: Feldbergring, Germany
  • Pit stop: not mandatory
  • Race condition: see Event Configuration on S.GP
  • Damage: 10%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Entry list:

Last edited:
Yes indeed, me too Reik.
What a brilliant championship. Thank you Han, I really hope you have something half as special as this (or twice as special if you want.... if that is even possible?) up your sleeve for later this year.

Look forward to seeing everybody on track for this one. :)

Last edited:
This is a very difficult circuit. With many traps, and it is easy to lose shed loads of time with one mistake.
I think for those outside alien territory, it is going to be a survival race.
:)

Looks like Daniel Pickles and Tony Pearman have failed to attend any of the races so far, any chance I could take one of their place for the final race? :)
Hi CHris,

You're in with a blue GTA. Don't know if you can change the car. I can't select nor change it.
Promise me you'll beat Enzo tonight!

EDIT: You can change the livery on the registration tab on the championship page. Don't know if you can switch cars also. Please try that and let me know.

Last edited:
So my throttle hall sensor finally died, I've replaced it with the clutch hall sensor, means no clutch for tonight.

But what settings should I use under assists?

If I use paddles, with auto clutch and auto blip enabled, I can flat shift up and down shift far quicker than heel and toeing with the h-shifter and it just doesn't seem right.

If I use the h pattern shifter, again with auto clutch and auto blip enabled, I have to lift from the throttle to upshift, that's ok. But when I downshift, the gears don't go in without crunching and eventually destroying the gearbox. I've tried slower gear changes, blipping the throttle myself, disabling autoblip, nothing seems to work.
What am I doing wrong?

Well apart from the pole, that was abysmal.

Heard about this issue with SGP, but it had never happened while I was racing. So I started, then Han said "wait", so I waited and then I went again, but had lost a position to Chris. Then I got caught out by Chris' braking for the corner at the bottom of the hill and lost some more positions.

A couple laps later I had basically caught up again and in the final hairpin, my shifter stopped working....

Well apart from the pole, that was abysmal.

Heard about this issue with SGP, but it had never happened while I was racing. So I started, then Han said "wait", so I waited and then I went again, but had lost a position to Chris. Then I got caught out by Chris' braking for the corner at the bottom of the hill and lost some more positions.

A couple laps later I had basically caught up again and in the final hairpin, my shifter stopped working....
Yes, sorry Enzo and all others (like me) that were disadvantaged by the S.GP glitch.
On Sunday we're now using a rolling start to prevent this kind of problem until S.GP is fixed.
I think I'm going to use that to for my next events.

lucky race for me, I am pleased to say, to me these are modern cars, as I am 20 years older than the Alfa. :D :D :D
old boy.jpg
So very pleased with my outcome, I was expecting Denis to be up there, won last time we were here in the Alfa GTA and Allen should have been thereabouts too; amazing qualifying time in an obviously a slower car.
Great championship @HF2000 Han you should pat yourself on the back for the idea.:thumbsup:
Amazing times by our resident Aliens, well done all podiums too.:)

PS, thought I would stay put during the glitch, a smart move, when it came back online everyone had just gone, all I saw was everyone disappearing round the first bend. Bugger, :(

Last edited:
After the confusion at the start, ( I went on lights out then lifted when Han said wait) I somehow had Ernie behind me. After the village section, I squeezed though a small gap as Allan and Guido collided, followed by Ernie.

Ernie was quicker and soon got past on the uphill turns after the Gasthaus but I settled in to a steady pace. Guido caught me and slipped streamed past on the long straight up to the finish line. I could then see Han and Allan having a battle in my mirrors, perhaps I should have been looking forward as I spun at the Hegewiese hairpin and Allan and Han went through.

A lap later I came over the crest of the fabulous “Corkscrew” righthander to find Han sideways, with his nose in the wall. I couldn’t avoid clipping the rear of the Alfa but I think it may have helped spin the car in the right direction and Han was soon on my tail again.

The Porsche was quicker on the long straight but Han was catching me particularly on the uphill sections. My car was sliding under braking so I was being careful in some sections and I think I may have surprised Han with an early brake into the downhill right kink before the hairpin at the end of the lap as he tapped me, but we managed to survive. Sorry Han.:redface:

So a P11 finish, 10th overall in the championship and the second Porsche behind the “Porsche Whisperer”, well happy with that.

Many thanks to Han for organising the championship, this circuit was my favourite but they were all superb, a huge thanks to David (Fat Alfie) for all his work and looking forward to similar championships going forward.:thumbsup:

Thanks for organizing this Han it was a blast. Too bad I missed the first one. I'll have a look at the RD races in the future!

Glad to finish P6 in the overall standings despite missing a round. On the other hand the points structure allows for this which is great!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%