AC Back to the Sixties Race #4@Deutschlandring, Tuesday 19th October 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
Alfa_Romeo_GTA_Junior_Autodelta_Corsa_%281968%29_Solitude_Revival_2019_IMG_1751.jpg

Porsche-718-RS-60-Spyder_6.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

It's time for the fourth event of the Back to the Sixties Vintage Car Championship.
We're going to the Deutschlandring in Sachsen, Germany. This beautiful track of @Fat-Alfie has three very different sectors: a long almost straight start/finish part, a high speed corners middle sector and a part with hairpins and slow corners. As we have seen last Tuesday in the try out event it's a very challenging track for these cars.

bea29530-08e8-47f2-af28-b7c341d4e9c0

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #02 (Available throughout the race week, search for 'racedepart' to find it)
  • Race server: S.GP
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 1 hour 15 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 BST (19:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 BST (19:40 UTC) | 40 minutes - Race

Event details:
  • Cars: Alfa Romeo GTA/Porsche 718 RS60 Spyder
  • Track: Deutschlandring, Germany
  • Pit stop: not mandatory
  • Race condition: see Event Configuration on S.GP
  • Damage: 10%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Entry list:

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers,

If you run off track, you have to check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.

When entering the track from the pits, stay off the racing line until you are up to speed. Do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by. On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium

When i rev the spyder past its red line the engine takes damage. This is supposed to happen, right? I noticed that the alpha doesnt do that.
Afaik Kunos made all cars close to reality so it probably means that the Alfa has a more redistricting rev limiter, while the Porsche allowed some over revving "for overtaking".

But at only 10% damage, nothing should happen within less than an hour!

what a great time that was! i qualified with a personal best but ruined it with a slow start and a knock into a guardrail in lap 1. i got knocked down a few places but was able to claw back up the field. there was heart pounding, close quarter racing through much of the day, particularly near the end. Abe and i kept exchanging places, never straying too far from each other. we had a small contact on the first fast left which almost did me in. (great bit of recovery if i do say so :cool:) as we recomposed our selves, Magnus came flying by, scaring the pants off me in the process! after that it was just Abe and me again, with him faster in the curvy woods and me faster on the straits. i almost had him at the end, but it was not meant to be.i was watching his car too closely and didn't drive as smoothly as i could have. if i would have stuck with the basics (apexes, controlling the in to maximize the out, etc..) i would likely have overtaken him at the end, as he made a few little mistakes of his own.

Han, thank you for hosting this series, its wicked fun! in a way its almost more fun than the gt-3 races. this is nasty, gritty racing on tracks seem equally dangerous and thrilling! what modern track would have a killer lamp posts waiting on the apex of the last left and a hay bail waiting to punish anyone who tracks too wide on the last turn? NONE! and that is part of what made this exquisite track so fun and challenging.

@Allan Ramsbottom , WOW!! you really are the Porsche whisperer. i look forward to studying your technique on the replay. phenomenal job!

much love to everyone and crazy respect to the aliens among us.
until next time, cheers!!

what a great time that was! i qualified with a personal best but ruined it with a slow start and a knock into a guardrail in lap 1. i got knocked down a few places but was able to claw back up the field. there was heart pounding, close quarter racing through much of the day, particularly near the end. Abe and i kept exchanging places, never straying too far from each other. we had a small contact on the first fast left which almost did me in. (great bit of recovery if i do say so :cool:) as we recomposed our selves, Magnus came flying by, scaring the pants off me in the process! after that it was just Abe and me again, with him faster in the curvy woods and me faster on the straits. i almost had him at the end, but it was not meant to be.i was watching his car too closely and didn't drive as smoothly as i could have. if i would have stuck with the basics (apexes, controlling the in to maximize the out, etc..) i would likely have overtaken him at the end, as he made a few little mistakes of his own.

Han, thank you for hosting this series, its wicked fun! in a way its almost more fun than the gt-3 races. this is nasty, gritty racing on tracks seem equally dangerous and thrilling! what modern track would have a killer lamp posts waiting on the apex of the last left and a hay bail waiting to punish anyone who tracks too wide on the last turn? NONE! and that is part of what made this exquisite track so fun and challenging.

@Allan Ramsbottom , WOW!! you really are the Porsche whisperer. i look forward to studying your technique on the replay. phenomenal job!

much love to everyone and crazy respect to the aliens among us.
until next time, cheers!!
Glad you liked it, Chris! I had a great time myself. Qualified with a PB at 9th but 1,3s behind Allan at 8th:confused: and very far from the top 3. Start was not so good as I got stuck on the outside and others could pass on the fast downhill right handler before the forest section. Had some nice overtakes and when Denis and Ernie (I think) had trouble in the middle sector I found myself at 6th with Steve close behind. I could not loose him and when I tried to maximize the exit for the long straight I slightly hit the straw bale on the left with my rear with a spin as a result. I had to let almost everyone pass for a safe return. From 16th I fought myself back to 10th with nice battles with Bart and Guido. I got the know the GTA better and got a new PB which was 1,7s faster then in qualify! I had even better pace than Allan so in the last lap I was on his tail but as the 718 has better midrange accelleration I could not overtake him before the finish line.

It was very nice racing with you guys tonight. I hope you had fun also. Congrats to the aliens on the podium.

In two weeks we have the final race in this championship. The Deutschlandring is a magnificent track with these cars as we saw before in the try out event with the Mini and the Skoda added. If you liked this track than you will also love the Feldbergring. It has no hairpin section but a lot of tricky corners and an even longer full throttle part. And do you remember that horrible last turn of Bremgarten: be prepared for a similar experience here.
Both tracks are in my top 5 favorite tracks but I can't really say which one I prefer.

Last edited:
Wow, that was quite intense!

I found the issue I had with the drive-through at Riverside.. My clutch was going to 98% unless I pressed it really hard, so I added some deadzone now.

I must really thank Florian for sharing his setup! I went almost 3 seconds faster immediately. I'd have to look what kind of wizardry he used there :) I only changed my tire pressures and gearing during practice. First flying lap during qualy I did a 4'03.4 I think, not pushing hard. I tried to push some more on the next laps and went into slides I wasn't able to control.. So I didn't feel at ease sliding the car around for the race..

Start was crazy, I was in the middle for quite some time but managed to stay out of trouble. After a few laps Allan hit Denis slightly going into the uphill section. I had to go around the outside of them while Ernie was able to take the inside and jump me. From there on I followed Ernie a few seconds behind. Denis was catching, when he got about 2.5 seconds behind me I decided to push some more so he couldn't close the gap. He must have made some small mistakes as I saw him drop down a bit. Honestly very happy with an incident free race here! I wish I had practiced a bit more to get more comfortable with the car going sideways in a few turns. I was sweating quite a bit but it was rewarding for sure :)

Amazing how the podium guys go flat out all race long and keep it out of the barriers! Well done.

Normally have bad luck of late, when I don’t, I get all confused.
Allan and Denis parted the waves and I just drove through.
I was then waiting for something to go wrong, it did not.:)
All I had to worry about was Laurent so just kept a watch on the gap.
The front three were in a league of their own , so did not have to worry about them.
Really enjoyed this race, apart from the start. Managed to go from 4th to 9th by the first corner,
I would have liked to have followed the front theee just to see where I was losing time, not to be.:-(
Great race @HF2000 well organised, and a special well done to Enzo on his amazing pace, although 2nd and 3rd deserve a well done too, being pretty close to Enzo. :)

That was a very fun race! I had a terrible first lap as always, because i do not feel confident in heavy traffic and start to make mistakes. I am new to online racing and it showes...but i can learn a lot from racing with you guys and that what i am here for!
Looking forward to race on feldbergring, see you there!

QUESTION
I really must do something about my starts, after the immediate goto the pits with the Audi, later finding out that you cannot use a clutch on it.
Can I engage first, I think I have to wait till the start lights go on, then use a clutch.
:)

QUESTION
I really must do something about my starts, after the immediate goto the pits with the Audi, later finding out that you cannot use a clutch on it.
Can I engage first, I think I have to wait till the start lights go on, then use a clutch.
:)
In cars without a clutch pedal, I keep it in neutral, rev it when all the lights are on and put it in gear when the lights go off.
For cars with a clutch pedal, you can put it in first, but of course make sure you're holding the clutch down.

I typically do one or two practice starts at the end of practice or quali.

Here's an onboard of the final lap (and my fastest) of the race. This lap was about a tenth slower than my quali lap, but I think it's a better lap overall.

I noticed I have the Bremgarten replay saved as well, if people are interested in that onboard too.

Last edited:
The race was intense as always.

My second flying qualy lap seemed to be my dream lap so far. So I was hoping for pole. Well, you know the story... Enzo beat it by 0,2 seconds. :rolleyes:

Starting from P2 I lost a few positions, because of my too long 1st gear for the hairpins. It waas tough side by side through the first left hander with Denis on the inside. Allan in the Porsche went a bit wide into the first tight right hander, so I slipped through into P3. A few corners later Axel went too wide into a fence so I was back in P2 "chasing" Enzo.

For a few laps I could hold the gap at about 1,5 seconds and I hoped to stress him a bit. But with such a good driver in front, it's not enough to wait and hope for a mistake of him. You have to be faster! Which I wasn't. :whistling:

So after a while Enzo got faster and I lost the rhythm a bit, which made Axel close the gap from maybe 5 seconds to 2 seconds in the end.

Well, I'm happy with my strong pace over the whole event but still unhappy not being at Enzos level. So still something to improve I think. ;):thumbsup:

Thanks @HF2000 for providing us so much pleassure and to all you nice RD guys for being part of it. The replay looks great in terms of great racing in each region of the grid. I love this place!!!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 493 39.3%