AC Back to the Sixties Race #3@Riverside, Tuesday 5th October 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
Alfa_Romeo_GTA_Junior_Autodelta_Corsa_%281968%29_Solitude_Revival_2019_IMG_1751.jpg

1045961.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

It's time for the third event of the Back to the Sixties Vintage Car Championship.
We're going to the Riverside International Raceway, California, USA. It's famous for it's esses, very tight turns and the oval like banking turn. So all the ingredients to have a great race!

png-transparent-riverside-international-raceway-winston-western-500-riverside-international-automotive-museum-sebring-international-raceway-richmond-raceway-nascar-angle-text-racing.png

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #02 (Available throughout the race week, search for 'racedepart' to find it)
  • Race server: S.GP
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 1 hour 15 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 BST (19:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 BST (19:40 UTC) | 40 minutes - Race

Event details:
  • Cars: Alfa Romeo GTA/Porsche 718 RS60 Spyder
  • Track: Riverside, USA
  • Pit stop: not mandatory
  • Race condition: see Event Configuration on S.GP
  • Damage: 10%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Entry list:

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers,

If you run off track, you have to check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.

When entering the track from the pits, stay off the racing line until you are up to speed. Do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by. On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium

Really sorry guys,seems my comp spiked again when i entered the grid,dont know why it happens to me,drive thru penalty even thou i did,nt move,then the car just stopped,no engine or anything,pretty gutting as i was quite quick in the porsche tonight..Im having a new comp built so that should be here fri,throw this tin box on the scrap pile...see if the new 1 behaves,once again sorry chaps,feel :poop: about this..:cry::cry:

Thanks everyone for racing tonight. Riverside is definitely one of my least favorite track. I always end up eating sand.
Congrats to the podium. Great lap times and consistency.

@Medilloni and @RasmusP Get well soon!

@Allan Ramsbottom Sorry to hear you had computer problems again , just now you were one of the fastest here in the Porsche.
When we were on the grid before the lights went out your cars was shaking and jumping like you had to high ping.

Next week we'll do another test event with those four cars from last week. I have made sure the Skoda version on the practice server is the same as on S.GP.
I hope to see you all then!

Really sorry guys,seems my comp spiked again when i entered the grid,dont know why it happens to me,drive thru penalty even thou i did,nt move,then the car just stopped,no engine or anything,pretty gutting as i was quite quick in the porsche tonight..Im having a new comp built so that should be here fri,throw this tin box on the scrap pile...see if the new 1 behaves,once again sorry chaps,feel :poop: about this..:cry::cry:
sorry to hear that. you where all over the place on my screen and we collected each other twice at the start. well :poop: happens!

Easy race for me,

I know my place.

4724181.jpg

Just needed to plug out the laps, three in front were in a different race, which left me with obvious choices. Just hold on
:roflmao: :roflmao:

So sorry to have no Allan to fight with, or "anyone of you really":O_o:, I hope you can sort your PC out soon.

Especially sorry to hear about our John and Rasmus not feeling well.:(

Hope you are both well soon.:thumbsup:

Great race @HF2000 Han, looking forward to the four-car race and hearing the mini was still a go.:)

Last edited:
Even though I finished last but one I enjoyed that one. Pace was compatible with all but Allan's Porsche (how did he do those times?)

The cars started floating on the grid and I thought we were having a repeat of last week's problem. The car in front seemed to be slow to start and I managed to spin into Paul as I tried to steer around and accelerate. Sorry for that Paul.

Then spent an enjoyable 40 mins trying to get past Paul. We were pretty well matched so I never got really close enough to make a pass.

Think I'm improving in this car but Allan shows there is a lot more available. Curious what gearing he was using as I find them quite tricky to gear correctly.

Last edited:
Even though I finished last but one I enjoyed that one. Pace was compatible with all but Alan's Porsche (how did he do those times?)

The cars started floating on the grid and I thought we were having a repeat of last week's problem. The car in front seemed to be slow to start and I managed to spin into Paul as I tried to steer around and accelerate. Sorry for that Paul.

Then spent an enjoyable 40 mins trying to get past Paul. We were pretty will matched so I never got really close enough to make a pass.

Think I'm improving in this car but Alan shows there is a lot more available. Curious what gearing he was using as I find them quite tricky to gear correctly.
No worries Colin, I was starting from the back anyway and there were cars spinning off the line, I guess due to Allan’s problems.

Like you, I just couldn’t find that magic gear set up despite trying several combinations in practice and qualifying. also it is all about lines and getting the corner exits and keeping up the momentum. I struggled through T1 and T8 and went off a couple of times. Allan’s times were very special and he even matched the winners time in the race before retiring.

But we did have a good race at the back, I had to be on it to keep ahead of you while trying different lines to try to make a gap. Thanks for making a race of it, it would have been lonely otherwise. :thumbsup:

Well done to the podium guys and thanks Han for organising, looking forward to the next one, these cars are fun to drive but can be frustrating at the same time.

these cars are fun to drive but can be frustrating at the same time.
Yes, it shows how much we can learn from the talented and the experienced guys.
T8 was a nightmare for me with often a bad exit and then losing so much time on that endless straight.
In my best lap I totally lost control in T8, had a huge drift but somehow that was apparently a lot faster.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 385 39.8%