AC Back to the Sixties Race #2@Bremgarten, Tuesday 21st September 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Ernie, the AI was fastest in the Mini in my test in Bremgarten so we will see. The AI sucks with the Porsche though! And also Enzo is thinking of taking the Mini.
So I really don't know how it will turn out. But that's exactly why I need this test with humans and aliens!
I signed up with the Porsche. I can change to another car if needed

just ran the mini at Bremgarden Han, it is a plucky little thing.:)
It was quicker than I thought it was going to be, I imagined a poor relative compared to the Porsche and Skoda. ( it is 10mph shy of top speed, compared to the Alfa ) ( it needs a five-speed box or better selection of gears )
I think I can say as I was stuck behind 6 superstars last night, I got a poor perspective of the rest of the fields pace.
I think with a mixed field it should be a lot of fun. but I would go with mini, whatever. :)

just ran the mini at Bremgarden Han, it is a plucky little thing.:)
It was quicker than I thought it was going to be, I imagined a poor relative compared to the Porsche and Skoda. ( it is 10mph shy of top speed, compared to the Alfa ) ( it needs a five-speed box or better selection of gears )
I think I can say as I was stuck behind 6 superstars last night, I got a poor perspective of the rest of the fields pace.
I think with a mixed field it should be a lot of fun. but I would go with mini, whatever. :)
I tried the Mini and the Skoda this afternoon Ernie and I too found the Mini quicker than the Skoda out of the box in default set up. But I will go with the Skoda to mix things up and hopefully find some speed in the meantime with some gearing tests. :)

No worries Denis, :poop: happens sometimes and I kept trying to find my mic to tell you to carry on... fumbled that too:laugh::roflmao:

I was pumped with my start, gained a few and knew I was faster with fuel so targeted a top 5, but oh boy, when you go off here get a fecking compass:roflmao: took a lap trying to find a way back in, went to pits and got a lock penalty, talk about Fred Carno's circus!

Still, I could drive this track all night:inlove: ...thanks to Han for organising a superb combo and congrats to the podium guys, fantastic lap times from you chaps:thumbsup:

Confession: When my good lady saw I was 2 laps behind, she brought me a Becks, I didn't have any before the end though. Honest:p
Somehow I feel a bit guilty for your crash too, because I involved you in a battle with me, due to a stupid mistake a few corners earlier. :( Until this incident we had a thrilling side by side battle through the kinks. This put Denis in the position to attack us. By luck I could sneak through in the middle of you.

I had a good qualy, doing a PB in the very fast flying lap resulting in P2 on the grid. My start was very well, chasing Enzo closly. Sorry @Enzo Fazzi for the bump after a few turns. I underestimated your speed loss due to your small mistake.

In lap 2 I had hard contact with a fence when clipping the inside of a corner too much. This made Axel and John pass me, resulting in the above mentioned crash of John and Denis.

Enzo and Axel opend a gap and it took me a while to find my consistent pace in P3.

Unfortunately I had chosen a short 4th and 5th gear for this event. So I was in the red zone very often. With two laps to go I could clearly see, my fuel wouldn't last until the end, so I decided to pit for a splash. The stop went well and I was back in P5. I felt frustrated but it was better than losing it all. I had small hopes that all front runners could run into trouble but all of the saved some fuel during the race, except unlucky Denis. :rolleyes:

So at least I finished 4th, saving some good points in this close competition.

Thanks @HF2000 for hosting this beautyful championship. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Somehow I feel a bit guilty for your crash too, because I involved you in a battle with me, due to a stupid mistake a few corners earlier. :( Until this incident we had a thrilling side by side battle through the kinks. This put Denis in the position to attack us. By luck I could sneak through in the middle of you.
Hehe, no worries Reik, that was super fun, trying to leave room, but not momentum; a great tussle between us in those first couple of laps - I got lucky when Denis ran a bit wide in one of the early corners but at the same time I wanted him and you in front of me 'cos you were both faster. But, accidents happen - I felt for Denis 'cos that braking area has many different approaches (was watching in practice), so hard to judge which technique someone would take there, especially when cars are bunched up :cautious:

Plan was to go for a top 5/6, saw my real competitor as @Kek700 Ernie, he's too damn consistent so wanted to get space before I forgot which track I was at, usually around the 30min mark:laugh::roflmao:

Last edited:
He He John, at the start I had settled for 7th, that would have come true if it was not for my new favourite person," Denis ", you got punted, that was 6th, and Denis decided to run out of Fuel, that was 5th.
I was only a couple of seconds away from 4th if only Reik had put a few more litres on board, I think I could have held on for a lap.;)

"Never in the field of human racing has so little, got so much."

LI.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 93 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 128 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 173 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline