AC Back to the Sixties Race #2@Bremgarten, Tuesday 21st September 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I ran out of fuel, but never mind that - I took poor John out through no fault of his own. :(

John I'm so sorry mate.
I just took a look at the replay. I braked early, but for some reason I then had a little blip on the gas. I think I felt I'd braked way too early. Just got it badly wrong. Really sorry mate I completely ruined your race. :redface:

Last edited:
Technical issues in qually, terrible start, was out in the fence about ten times and still ended up in second place. Could not be more happy (or lucky) :D

@Kek700 Good race mate and also sorry for being all over the place for the first half. I remember we had an epic battle in these cars once before (Magione I think) :thumbsup: Not sure why you waited for me after I bumped into you after last corner. I could not hear you on discord.

And of course, Gratz @Enzo Fazzi!

Really great race from all of you. Congrats to the podium.

As for my horror story:

On the starting grid I noticed I was on qually fuel. Back to the pits didn't work. So I waited for the red lights to make a jumpstart that would teleport me to the pits. I always configured our events with the penalty "drive thru" but since I noticed that with this setting a jumpstart teleports you to the pits I only changed the setting to "teleport" yesterday to see if the penalty then a 'drive thru' will be . In this stressful situation I had forgotten that, but I can tell you now that it is! So I got a drive-through penalty where I wanted to be teleported to the pits. So I decided to leave the game and come back. When I got back I loaded up my race setup and started driving only to see just before T1 that I still had fuel for qually. I must have accidentally saved the qually setup as a race setup. So I pressed the "back to the pits" button which now worked. Added fuel and waited for the 20s penalty to pass.
Finally I could start racing with what must have been at least 1.5 min gap.

And of course being mad at myself I went off a couple of times before I could find my race pace.
So after Sunday's disaster another night not to remember. Really thinking about quitting and start playing checkers.

Well I hope you guys had fun. See you at Riverside or maybe at a checkers board!

I ran out of fuel, but never mind that - I took poor John out through no fault of his own. :(

John I'm so sorry mate.
I just took a look at the replay. I braked early, but for some reason I the had a little blip on the gas. I think I felt I'd baked way too early. Just got it badly wrong. Really sorry mate I completely ruined your race. :redface:
No worries Denis, :poop: happens sometimes and I kept trying to find my mic to tell you to carry on... fumbled that too:laugh::roflmao:

I was pumped with my start, gained a few and knew I was faster with fuel so targeted a top 5, but oh boy, when you go off here get a fecking compass:roflmao: took a lap trying to find a way back in, went to pits and got a lock penalty, talk about Fred Carno's circus!

Still, I could drive this track all night:inlove: ...thanks to Han for organising a superb combo and congrats to the podium guys, fantastic lap times from you chaps:thumbsup:

Confession: When my good lady saw I was 2 laps behind, she brought me a Becks, I didn't have any before the end though. Honest:p

Ha? that explains the confusion Erik, I was chatting away telling you to go past, same with Denis.
I was just realistically looking for 6th place, I really did not want to pointlessly hold you both up. when you had bigger fish to fry.:thumbsup: ( must check my mic ):O_o:
Defending for 20 minutes was another thought on my mind too.:O_o:

The race was as good as I could hope for, all in front were superstars.

old boy.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D:D

A special thank you to @HF2000 for a great organised race, most enjoyable.
Another well done for all podiums, a real treat to see how fast you all were.:)

Lets hope the Porche's shine on our next venue.:unsure:

To all vintage combo lovers,

Next Tuesday I will organize a try out event with four vintage cars to test if they're suited for another championship. Single class or multiclass depending on the results of this event.
The cars are: GTA/718 and MiniCooper/Skoda 130.
Track: Bremgarten or Thomson.

I would appreciate it as a lot of you would participate and thus helping me.
The more, the better the results will be. A full grid with every type of car involved would be great. I'll post here when I've set up the event.

If you have a preference for Bremgarten or Thomson, please post that here.

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

Next Tuesday I will organize a try out event with four vintage cars to test if they're suited for another championship. Single class or multiclass depending on the results of this event.

The more, the better the results will be. A full grid with every type of car involved would be great. I'll post here when I've set up the event.

Thanks everyone!
I love the idea of a bigger choice of cars Han and the Mini/ Skoda are excellent for this type of event.
I don’t mind either track, I guess Thompson had a combination of slower corners that might be more suitable but either is good for me. Would be nice to use some of the old classic tracks in the future like Goodwood, Silverstone and Spa if they come up to spec.

Thanks everyone!
Good idea, great choice of cars! I'll join in with any of the cars if I'm free.

If we're doing a vintage multiclass race with faster cars sometime, the AC Cobra is a wild beast to tame :sneaky:

Thanks everyone!
Personally prefer to stick with Bremgarten as we've all just been there so it's fresh in the mind.

I'll take the Skoda. Bremgarten for me too.

What is the situation with getting mods added to sgp? I'm still very keen on racing the TVR against the Ferrari. :D

Also, the Caterham Academy by @Ben O'Bro would be an awesome championship. Would be awesome if we ran it alongside the RL series. Would make for a super advert for sgp if we could get some kind of sponsorship from Caterham @Bram Hengeveld ?
Edit: I'm not offering to organise anything here..... just an idea.

Last edited:
I'll take the Skoda. Bremgarten for me too.

What is the situation with getting mods added to sgp? I'm still very keen on racing the TVR against the Ferrari. :D

Also, the Caterham Academy by @Ben O'Bro would be an awesome championship. Would be awesome if we ran it alongside the RL series. Would make for a super advert for sgp if we could get some kind of sponsorship from Caterham @Bram Hengeveld ?
Edit: I'm not offering to organise anything here..... just an idea.

I read there is a decent physics update coming to the caterhams this year. I've been keeping an eye out for it.

The mini will be off the pace, I am assuming most will go for the Alfa If we are at Bremgarten, the Porsche will be next quicker and the Skoda will also be thereabouts.

I am opening my big mouth in the hopes that will put the kiss of death onto the whole thing? and the mini is competitive.
It certainly has legs on some other circuits:unsure: he said hopefully.
I fear it will be a lonely race for the mini here. :(

Last edited:
The mini will be off the pace, I am assuming most will go for the Alfa If we are at Bremgarten, the Porsche will be next quicker and the Skoda will also be thereabouts.

I am opening my big mouth in the hopes that will put the kiss of death onto the whole thing? and the mini is competitive.
It certainly has legs on some other circuits:unsure: he said hopefully.
I fear it will be a lonely race for the mini here. :(
Ernie, the AI was fastest in the Mini in my test in Bremgarten so we will see. The AI sucks with the Porsche though! And also Enzo is thinking of taking the Mini.
So I really don't know how it will turn out. But that's exactly why I need this test with humans and aliens!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 432 39.6%