Back to rFactor 2 after some years. What do I need?

I've been several years focused exclusively on Assetto Corsa. Now I have reinstalled rFactor 2, just to give it another try, with the hope that the latest patches and improvements have made a better looking game (at least close to Assetto Corsa with CPS and Sol). I have let Steam download and update the game. Now, what essential mods do you think are a must to install? I mean tracks, cars, apps, graphic addons... no matter if they are free or pay mods.

IMO, try the free Tatuus cars on Portland (latest free track from S397 with all the latest improvements) and on the new Silverstone, I think this is about as good as it gets, you can use that to tune your graphic setting and FFB. If you like what you see and feel, depending on what type or car/racing you like, you can add to your content with some of the official payed mod, GT3 (certainly the most used online cars), GTE, LMP2 (or even Formula E). For tracks, first the laser scan must have imo, Sebring, Lemans, Nürburgring and Circuit d'Azur/Monaco (and of course the Formula E tracks if you're into this).

S397 are still upgrading their content to the latest graphic spec, so things are not always equal and its to be expected considering the years some of the content have been produced.

Of course you have some great 3rd party free content on the Steam Workshop.

I'm sure others could add to that list or even disagree :)

GT3 (certainly the most used online cars)
Is there a more of a selling point to get these? I only ask because ACC is doing a great job as it is. I would love to get a feel for the difference in handling and lap times, but not so sure it would be worth the price. If it is though, this would probably be the time to splurge.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back